Thread: RTS Sessions Coming Up - Another Concept

Default RTS Sessions Coming Up - Another Concept

I'm probably going to be putting my server up on an informal schedule starting this coming Wednesday. Now I haven't hosted since prior to the last 2 versions so it may take me a while to figure out what I am capable of as there are many new features.

Though I do have an already huge number of people signed up on the RTS website, I will no longer be using the blasts as far as sessions are concerned. I will however be using my Google group to announce when I'm online etc. I have no access to passwords but considering it's Google I think your safe to reuse a password.

Though I am looking for employment locally (vs. my original plans for a CDL) and everything is subject to change. The typical availability will be the following:

Sunday Evening 8pm EDT - Around 4am EDT
    Monday Afternoon 1pm EDT - Around 8pm EDT
    Tuesday Evening 8pm EDT - Around 4am EDT
    Wednesday Afternoon/Evening 1pm EDT - Around 4am EDT
    Thursday Not Available
    Friday/Saturday/Sunday (ABOUT EVERY 2 WEEKS) 1pm EDT - Around 4am EDT

Now I'm hoping more people use the Google Group as this is the best way of keeping in touch with everyone. As far as I know it is trusted and secure. I've enjoyed the freedom of not having a server up, as I do spend a great deal of time on youtube these days and other browsing etc. The issue with this is I find if I have Run8 in the background and I use a web browser it takes away resources. Not sure if the latest version is handling this better or not, but I've learned to deal with it well.

Bottom line is I don't want to be running trains by myself all the time. If I know people are interested even on an hours notice I check my email all the time and then I can make sure I'm ready to dispatch. It's a good communication tool that also is good advertising for a session that gains momentum.

You can feel free to post any topics you would like here as well because I'm willing to be flexible. Ideally I'm open to bring your own trains which I think is a good concept already out there. But I also want to keep the RTS system for switching the yards and industries. If I have time available and enough interest both by myself and others is out there I'm seriously looking at expanding RTS to a more user friendly system you would find in a prototypical yard office.

Thanks

Sean

We gotta get me setup with the sim in working order...as I surely miss the sessions let alone RTS. I'm not so good naving the internet so to speak, so I've got to take baby steps finding locations, But I'm sure as hell going to try. I should be able to to get there having the links to go by at the base of your posts...Google will be the newest location for me to get under my wings. lol... wish me luck...

Yeah it's pretty much a matter of replying to emails now and your messages get sent to everyone. You'll probably find it much easier, and if you want to start a post you can use my website or the group.

Not sure what is happening with your SHIFT-F1 issue. One idea is if your in the stable version for you is change your settings a bit. Perhaps your on the brink of a resource issue. After that re-install the latest and see if the shift F1 will work for you.

It's been working fine for me, and I like some of the new features. But of course we have no way of knowing if there is a known issue or it's just isolated.

Thanks

Sean