Thread: Trainz Shiny Locomotives

Default Trainz Shiny Locomotives

Hi Guys

Plz observe the below images

2013-03-27 23_36_53-Trainz (59.6).jpg
    2013-03-27 23_31_22-Trainz (59.9).jpg

Could anybody plz tell me how to make this kind of High Quality Stuff for Trainz,
    If you observe the locos, it reflects high shine with oily textures.

Thanks
    Dushyanth

Jim Ward (Sniper297) did a great painting tutorial awhile back that should answer all your questions. You can do a search or just look for " Painting tutorial". It' back aways in the forum but it's there.
    George

Hi George --

I'm not sure if the original poster was seeking details about making mesh or re-skining to give the specular lighting effect.

Perhaps he could clarify his question.

Phil

Hi Gecko

Thanks for responding me, If you have gone through that "Painting Tutorial", can you post the link please.

Thanks & Regards
    Dushyanth

Hi philskene

Let me clarify that, I have made some experiment on these models(shown in pic), the first one is Original Model and second one is re-skinned, both are gives same quality reflection,
    My question is that when we allocating material to mesh, is there any other technique to get that much of quality models,
    another thing is whenever I'm exporting the 3ds model to Trainz .im it losses smoothness finally the result is very poor.

If you have any idea about this please suggest me.

Thanks & Regards
    Dushyanth

It is in the Auran Trainz forum here. "Painting Tutorial" by Sniper297 dated 05/11/2011. Really good tutorial.to bad they don,t make it a sticky, one of the best and easy to understand, Heck, I can undertand it whene I,m sober!

this shine is probably set in the model's materials (environment reflect i would guess). there are several types of material that can be used. each is outlined here: http://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/i...Material_Types

as with most quality items, this takes patience. you cant just throw on one map. the process invilves careful coordination between specular, bump, environment, and diffuse maps to get the right results.