Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Unable to install 2 routes with package manager

Question Unable to install 2 routes with package manager

I just tried to install the MCSA 1920's, MCSA Modern, and the Industrial Interactive routes, to TS 2013 using the Package manager, just as the readmes of all of them instructed. The routes don't show up in game or even in the folder where all the other routes are. What am I doing wrong?

EDIT: The title should actually be "Unable to install 3 routes with package manager".

Good Morning:

I don't think there were any standard scenarios included with those three routes. Try looking under free roam scenarios and see if the route doesn't show up.

Hope this helps.

Chandler

Are these routes showing in the Railworks\Content\Routes folder ?

The routes folder being displayed with the View Details option in the Windows Explorer click on the Date Modified column header to show the most recent ones.

If not then rename their RWP packages to RAR and using WINRAR expand them into a temporary folder.

Having done that then COPY / PASTE the expanded folder into your Steamapps\Common folder if it is a Railworks folder and if not then do the same with whatever folder is showing, making sure that you are asked for permission to overwrite existing ones.

O t t o

Quote Originally Posted by charliechan2006 View Post
    Good Morning:

I don't think there were any standard scenarios included with those three routes. Try looking under free roam scenarios and see if the route doesn't show up.

Hope this helps.

Chandler
    You were right. I hadn't checked under free roam scenarios until this morning, and the routes are there. Only trouble is whenever I try to load the scenario, I get the stupid message: "Something bad has happened. Would you like to save a diagnostic file?". I would like to know not only why I am getting that message now, but also why I get that message for seemingly everything I try to do in terms of editing TS2013. I get that message if I even try to save a free roam scenario. It's getting quite annoying and I would like to know how to stop it.

Good Morning:

You might check with RW_Tools and see if you have all the stock that is required.

Chandler

A SBHH usually indicates that TS-2013 has a problem running whatever, but if it happens with almost everything you do then a on-line to Steam VERIFY GAME CACHE is called for !

O t t o

I have used the "Verify Integrity of Game Cache" tool at least twice and it doesn't stop the game from getting that damn (and annoyingly UNSPECIFIC) error message. It even happens if I try to save a scenario in progress (on a working route)! I would like to know how to get these routes running properly. I can't even open any of the free-roam scenarios that come with any of them.

I don't think that you have posted your computer specs yet ?

Desktop / Laptop.
    WIN O/S.
    Amount of installed RAM.
    Graphics card or on-board graphics.
    Running TS-2013 off-line with the Internet and other programs running in the background shut down.

Could you post screenshots of your TS-2013 Game Setting Graphics, Advanced and Gameplay screens.

O t t o

Quote Originally Posted by OTTODAD View Post
    I don't think that you have posted your computer specs yet ?

Desktop / Laptop.
    WIN O/S.
    Amount of installed RAM.
    Graphics card or on-board graphics.
    Running TS-2013 off-line with the Internet and other programs running in the background shut down.

Could you post screenshots of your TS-2013 Game Setting Graphics, Advanced and Gameplay screens.

O t t o
    Desktop - HP Pavilion p6610f.
    Windows 7.
    4 GB of RAM.
    Graphics card: GeForce GTX 550 Ti (Didn't come with the computer, I added it before getting RW).

I will get to posting screenshots of my settings.

I can't post a screenshot at the moment, so I'll just list all the settings here.

Graphics:
    Master Detail level: Custom
    Screen Resolution: 1920x1080
    Full Screen: Full Screen
    Screen Brightness: 30
    TSX: Enabled

Advanced Graphics:
    Anti Aliasing: FXAA
    Texture Filtering: Anisotropic x 4
    Scenery Detail: High
    Density: 10
    View Distance: Medium
    Shadow detail: High
    Water detail: Medium
    Procedural Flora: On
    Adaptive Bloom: On
    Depth of Field: Off

Gameplay:
    Driving Model: Expert
    Everything is off except for User Hints, Automatic Fireman, and Coupling Override.