Thread: RTS Session later today (Saturday) 14:00 EDT to 02:00 EDT

Default RTS Session later today (Saturday) 14:00 EDT to 02:00 EDT

Another RTS session this Saturday (may do a small Sunday session we will see)

173.238.247.145 is the IP of the server and teamspeak. Teamspeak is optional as I will be monitoring text as well.

The available list of trains and positions is up on the status sheet of the Mojave matrix. It can also be viewed at http://railroadtransportationsimulator.webs.com in the network section (membership not required to view). Switch lists and wheelers are still valid from Wednesday's session. The update sheet of the Mojave Matrix contains any changes that took place.

This session is open to anyone. If you would like to bid for a particular job on this session please reply. Even if your going to be coming out I encourage you to use the Run8Network and reply.

I've added a few random functions in the matrix for both the start sim time (to give us a bit of dark operations once in a while now that we are not 24/7). The latest is a slow order generator in the slow sheet of the Mojave Matrix.

Please check the matrix for updates once the session has started. I normally update it every 15 to 30 minutes. At the start of the session there is 1 slow order in place, but this could change during the session. Always check your MFD for the latest. The random selection this session will run the simulator clock from 23:00 to 11:00

IMPORTANT BUT FRIENDLY REMINDERS

1) Please TONE DISPATCHER DMTF #54 and don't assume I'm available to answer right away regardless of my Teamspeak status. I'm often busy running other trains or even doing things around the house. Toning is what will get my attention when I can get to it.

2) Do not ask me what is available, as I clearly have this posted on my website. I've moved it to the 1st page of the matrix and even color coded it. Simply follow it's instructions and either board an available train, or spawn your own train and board. If you still don't understand ask me before the session, or I'll try and help you understand in session. The tools are there for your benefit.

3) The point of the isolated TS channels is to simulate the region you are in. By toning me from your cab radio, I'm able to know where you are and I will come into your channel when I have a moment to take your request. Please do not jump into the channel I'm located and ask for a clearance or ask what is available (see #1 #2).

Hope to see you there.

Thanks

Sean

Sean, I guess you are not on the Run8 forum any more, but your session today is up against the hugely popular every-other-week CAHSH session, so don't be disappointed if your turnout is a little low.

lol..guess he's not...never would have imagined such a thing....lol...I just had to...
    Anyways last evenings session was very nice whiles it lasted for me...
    With luck able to catch todays session, sent word of my status via Google
    Cross The fingers...

You know these mega sessions could become even more popular if they branched out and advertised a bit on train-sim (at least that is what a few here who doesn't have access to these sessions have suggested). I also think a few things have been made clear Scott and I among others don't have access to the precious Run8 forums because we were bad boys (I'm in my early 40's and Scott is about double that - BTW that's a compliment Scott el junior member).

My latest post probably is the most telling of what fun I and just a few others had on my server last night. I know of at least 2 who have been banned on that server as well because it wasn't our cup of tea (though Captain and I came to a mutual understanding, never really happened with the server's host).

I'm not going to worry if my members have to chose between 2 servers, choices are a good thing. We'll do just fine in our little gathering.

Thanks

Sean

A big Thank You!
    Yesterday's (Sat 30th) session was very nice. Was able to preform a little of everything in the life of a RRder.
    I'm especially enjoying operator creations away from the defualt make-ups.
    Really enjoyed recycling cars for other locals without the need to create other cars..
    lol...was a very nice turnout for a session not being "hugely popular" with insiders.
    We both know the numbers like a Tootsie Pop "The World May Never Know"
    I'm enjoying lots of the features not found elsewheres.
    I took away fond memories of my working days & many of the things we tried thru-out the session sure hit home.
    The numbers steadily grows which is great, surely we'll have our ups & downs with member/visitor turnout from time to time, esp. with
    spring/summer fast approaching, thus having real lives away from the PC. Again I Thank You Sean, Each & Everyone that came &
    continues to turnout during sessions. SMRY

LOL Your Welcome!

Yeah I learned the hard way you can't create a train when a session is on for some reason. Oh well at least I was able to build it up and kick everyone off to get that 1 train in

Not sure when I'll be able to to back to back sessions like that again. I was really tired towards the end last night. Still fighting this stupid cold too. Chris has a session on Tuesday that I'll be showing up in the evening on for a bit, and then I'll probably have my next one in it's usual Wednesday spot. Next weekend I have my son, the following weekend I might do a Friday night session (I have the club on Saturday).

Wouldn't want to get too popular

Thanks

Sean