Thread: New 3rd Party Info - Jacksonville to Tampa A Line

Default New 3rd Party Info - Jacksonville to Tampa A Line

Just to pass along to you guys not aware, there is a new 3rd party website called Hyrail Simulations (hyrailsimulations.com) that I just joined up. They are the ones going to be responsible for the CSX Jacksonville A Line 200 mile stretch between Jacksonville and Tampa. I was hoping they were going to go into Georgia to the Funnel but none the less it's still a busy line.

Looking forward to that as well. No information on their website as of yet, but I'm keeping an eye on it.

Thanks

Sean

Seems I recall visiting their page some time ago sounded promising.
    Think my very last visit not too long ago site was under construction.
    Also seems I recall the 3rd party developer being announced/found under Run8 Studios "About Us" page
    Believe Jason Webb (working alone) had or is working on the A-Line in Railworks as I recall very nice screen shots
    If anyone wishes to see some of Jasons handywork/shots in RW. Railworks America should have plenty to wet the palette.
    May also be shots here at TrainSim.com I've yet to look. I'm sure a version for Run8 be just as detailed as the sim develops & be a much welcomed addition to the routes folder.
    SMRY

Hey,

saw this post and thought i would give you as much of the Official skinny as i can.

The Route will run Between 2 Starting Points, the Siding at Race Pond, GA and Winokur, GA - through Folkston to Jacksonville then Via the A line to Tampa Via Orlando, im working on the website, but most official announcements will be on the Facebook page and Via Run8Studios until i can get the site going.

i was working alone, i have partnered with an excellent 3Dmodeler SCLJim and the 2 of us are HyRail Simulations
    Last edited by SCLALINE; 04-05-2013 at 06:59 PM. Reason: cause i cant spell

Glad to hear it Jason - The addition of Folkston will really spice things up on the northern end. I'll certainly be interested in this route for sure.

Thanks

Sean

The neat thing about including the double track from Folkston to Jax as well as the longer mostly single track A line to Tampa is that there will likely be something for everyone...if you only have an hour or so, take a train on the north end and in MP likely see plenty of traffic. For a longer, more challenging run, the single track south of Jax. There's even 40 miles of so of NS trackage rights between Jax and the Ga-Pac paper mill at Palatka. And of course, since I suspect that lots of people will be running Amtrak, six daily pax trains on this route makes it ideal for prototypical ops. I'm looking forward to working the AutoTrain terminal at Sanford...breaking down the arriving train, moving the cars through the washrack down the Aloma Sub, then spotting the racks, switching the train for departure, then off duty. This should be fun. Note we will need coal hoppers for the 10-12 unit coal trains a day thru Folkston, as well as the Amtrak auto racks and refrigerated Tropicana juice cars.

Well I'm not sure about coal, but other cars especially refrigerated are a main stay on Mojave as well. I subbed in Box Cars for the Reefers that are there for most industries. All of this expansion potential is making me think two possible ways.

I'm looking forward to all these routes and expansions. But I think AI is going to be needed more than ever. Either that or old routes are going to become ghost towns, and people will just go for the flavor of the week (if they can afford it).

Depending on what the kit is bringing us at the end of the summer will tell plenty as well. Also will people like myself look past treatment and continue to support Run8? Personally I think I'm a minority because I know a fair number who are just not interested now.

No matter what happens, as I say I'm looking forward to it and feel I'm going to be into Run8 for a long time. But 2013 is shaping to be a year that will be easily measured. Either it opens up and becomes inclusive (demand will bring in higher acceptance) or growth stalls.

I think the numbers will increase as Needles should be a good indicator of that. The thing with Needles is your now opening up for a requirement to have twice as many people running. Sure people may not be running right now if they're bored. But having more choices isn't going to make a difference to those that have either left or are simply too busy in their own lives.

Popularity vs. personal preference is going to be another factor. It's one thing to want to belong to the most popular forum, or server because it's where all the action is perceived to be happening. Then you have someone who wants to run Needles, Florida, or likes Mojave. Then add in the potential for other routes to be developed (if that kit will be capable of that). Now simply going with the flow weighs in against what you like personally.

This is why I've always been a little perplexed by exclusion practices. I mean a good 6 to 12 people I would say who normally run the sim participate here on this forum. Yet with the exception of myself and a couple others, nobody advertises sessions here. Of course on the flip side you advertise and nobody else here joins (so who could blame them I guess). With those routes alone your going to need to have 3 times the users available to maintain that volume. Once other routes come in that number will multiply and it's reason to believe exponentially. I'd love to see exponential growth take place, but it's got to be capable of reaching out to people. Either that or it's going to require the ability to be sufficient in small numbers. Right now I'm doing fine in single numbers, but I miss the traffic. The only thing keeping me going is a good car forwarding system.

Thanks

Sean

I think it will all come in time, im not a big fan of AI as other sims could never get it correct, and honestly i can understand exclusion practices, one has to look at the big picture, other sims that do not have MP can get away with more, but if you get 30 trains in a session frame rates and performance factor in more, one thing RW always gets blamed about user content is it wrecks the sim for some, then everyone bitches at RW that they cant run it, but yet they have 30 million different pieces of rolling stock around and people bitch at RW for something that is not their fault, Sean im afraid not everyone is going to be happy with everything, but the same is said for RW,TRS,OR, and MSTS, you see it on the forums everyday, hell look at the RW forums and look at all the butthurt people on there. Run8 is here to stay and is a solid sim and a solid competitor, something has to be said if there are 10-20 real railroaders on MP running trains in the sim either before or after their long shifts, people hold grudges on here longer than others it seems, i can understand why the developers chose not to deal with the negatives as there are plenty of positives that allow them to ignore those who chose to be negative.

Well it's one thing ignoring the negative, and another reacting to what is perceived to be as negative. I've seen many be critical of the forum here and not even get a blink. There are many positive people like yourself and to some degree even I have that can stand up for Run8.

I also don't think AI should be what we are used to in AI. There are only so many real world engineers out there. Bottom line it's their product I'm just along for the ride. Just an opinion nothing more. Looking forward to what you bring to the table.

Thanks

Sean