Thread: A small update noticed

Default A small update noticed

Was just checking out the Run8studios website and I noticed a picture that stood out. That of course being an Amtrak passing a modern color light signal (obviously Needles). Nothing has changed otherwise on the site that I can tell.

Stopped by the HyRail website as well and seen a dispatcher display for the CSX A Line. I remember the MSTS Florida Funnel route as well as the TD3 stuff but it was more from Waycross, Georgia and a bit of Jacksonville if I recall correctly. Once past Jacksonville I don't recall running any TD3 or MSTS stuff. Actually now that I think about it there was an A line route because I remember the diamond which is depicted in the diagram.

A couple things at least for me that I can look forward to for sure.

Thanks

Sean

See the preliminary DS board for the WIP A-Line for Run8 here: https://www.facebook.com/HyRailsimulations

Yeah it's on his website as well as I mentioned.

Thanks

Sean

Looks like they're really starting to tease the release of Needles now. An image of inside the Amtrak along with the new dispatch board for Needles is being shown on the banner. I'd say they must be close because there is now a routes and equipment button (currently not active).

Thanks

Sean

So we are up to 95% on both Amtrak and Needles now Looks like the website has undergone a change as well again as the routes and trainset boxes are now clickable. All of them are now showing different screen teasers of both Needles and the Amtrak on it's way.

Thanks

Sean

I got a question.. On the R8 web site, the Press Release page, those pics at the top. The middle one, is that the Tehachapi Loop? If so where's that green grass coming from?? All I ever get, all I've ever gotten is that dried grass/desert brown through out the whole route. Doesn't matter what time of the year I set the date for. Am I doing something wrong?

Hey Steamman,

I think what you're looking for is "The Mojave Sub Winter Ground Texture" zip file. It was released 11/25/2012. You'll find the file by searching the Run8 forum.

Good luck,

Jon

From the rtf file:

Mojave Sub Winter Ground Textures Installation
    IMPORTANT-These ground textures are still a work in progress and once I have them completed JohnG will incorporate them into the sim's Mojave Sub probably in the next upgrade in Dec. or Jan. The reason I mention this is because you will need a basic knowledge of how files and folders work in order to install these textures right now. So if you are not comfortable with that please wait till the next upgrade.
    Instructions:
    Step 1 - Go into the BNSF_MojaveSub route folder and save a copy of the folder called TerrainTextures and name it something else. Do not delete the folder as you will still need some of the files in it.
    Step 2 - Unzip the files into your TerrainTextures folder and select yes to replace the existing ones.
    Step 3 - Start up Run8 and enjoy all the green that this Sub shows off during the winter and spring months in the Tehachapi Mtns. and Mojave Desert.
    Step 4 - To revert back to Summer ground textures, rename the TerrainTextures folder to something else such as winter_TerrainTextures and restore the copy you made in step 1.
    Again this is work in progress, one known issue is that there is a brown line(s) in one of the grass textures which still needs to be addressed. And no, we have not implemented snow yet in the sim but when we do rest assure that we will make some snow grnd textures.
    These new ground textures will give the route a whole new look and feel so enjoy!
    Cheers,
    The Run8 Team
    Last edited by histrionics; 04-25-2013 at 06:28 AM.

Ok thanks Jon, I'll go hunting for it.. It's nicer than looking at that brown all over the place.

As someone who lives in Tehachapi, the green is only realistic for short periods of time. We are already moving back to brown after 6 weeks of green.
    Mark Fox