Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: raildriver.dll missing for winxp

Default raildriver.dll missing for winxp

I installed raildriver for the first time yesterday under win xp. Got the error message raildriver.dll was missing. Where might I locate this file or is there an update to correct this? Thanks in advance.

Did you install the correct driver? I am using XP and have no such file for the MSTS installation.

Quote Originally Posted by gordo337 View Post
    Gordon I got the message while trying to run raildriver with msts.

There should have been a folder ( Rail driver DLLs ) installed in main MSTS containing the string ddl's for different languages. Choose the one you want and let it overwrite the string ddl in you main install.

The Raildriver DLL folder must come with the MSTSBin patch, because I have that folder, but do not own a raildriver console.
    Beer is not a matter of life or death, it is much more serious than that.

Quote Originally Posted by baldwin View Post
    The Raildriver DLL folder must come with the MSTSBin patch, because I have that folder, but do not own a raildriver console.
    Thats interesting, I just assumed it had come with the Raildriver. Too many years ago and my memory is fading.

Just to clarify the issue...

The OP said "Got the error message raildriver.dll was missing." Followed-up with "Gordon I got the message while trying to run raildriver with msts." althought not posted by the OP. If my XP installation is typical, Raildriver does not install a file named Raildriver.dll. I have BIN installed also, and although the BIN installer creates a folder "Rail Driver DLLs" and with it several sub-folders", there is no file named Raildriver.dll created either.

The OP never replied as my post asking if he installed the proper RD driver for MSTS or not.

I installed the software that was listed for XP from the raildriver site. I'll try a reinstall to see if that will fix the problem. BTW I'm not OP. I'm Claude350,

Hello Claude,

The RailDriver.dll message is thrown if you are using MacroWorks 3.1, and it cannot find the RailDriver.dll file that was installed with Train Simulator 2013 (RailWorks). MacroWorks 3.1 should not be installed for MSTS. Uninstall this software.

Install this software, and follow these instructions: http://raildriver.com/support/msts.php

I hope that helps. Please contact us at [email protected] if you continue to experience problems.