Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Amtrak News for Run 8 Members.

Default Amtrak News for Run 8 Members.

4-30-2013

For those who have been awaiting news about the upcoming Amtrak release, it should be soon. According to John G.,

"We're just waiting on a Transition Sleeper to go after the baggage car, do a bit of clean-up on the models, and we'll be done."
    Last edited by histrionics; 04-30-2013 at 09:19 PM. Reason: The editorial board didn't approve of the original title.

I don't see anybody here that's posted that they were chomping at the bit for the Amtrak release. Most of us post here cuz we have been banned from the Run 8 forums. And most of us have no intentions on giving them anymore money because of it, so it's kind of a waste. Especially when we still are able to access the Run 8 home page for DLC that's available if we want it.

Your 7th post in 3 years and you post this? Just plain weird and random!
    EMD 2-strokes rule! My all-time favorite:SD45X I also like SD40-2/SD40T-2/SD45-2/SD45T-2/DD35A/DDA40X/SD70ACe/SD80ACe
    i7-7700HQ // 16GB DDR4 // GTX 1080 // 2TB SSD + 1TB HD // 17" 144Hz FHD w/G-Sync // TS2021 // TSW // T:ANE // Run 8 V2

(Near) Coincidence on Amtrak's 42th birthday? How sweet.

so you just hang out to cry about it?

Quote Originally Posted by GS kid View Post
    I don't see anybody here that's posted that they were chomping at the bit for the Amtrak release. Most of us post here cuz we have been banned from the Run 8 forums. And most of us have no intentions on giving them anymore money because of it, so it's kind of a waste. Especially when we still are able to access the Run 8 home page for DLC that's available if we want it.

Your 7th post in 3 years and you post this? Just plain weird and random!

histrionics,

Great post and thanks for sharing. My take is that the Amtrak add-on will be pretty cool. P-42 locomotives with HEP power, well-modeled passenger cars, accurate lighting, multiple Phase paint schemes. MHCs, baggage cars, coaches, diners, lounges & more again in various schemes.

Just ignore the second post. Sadly, there is an exceedingly small minority that got dismissed for cause for their own actions and words, yet won't ever accept responsibility. Obviously they don't represent the Run8 community; they are just squeaky, flat-spotted and whiny wheels that will never get greased nor repaired, and have been bad-ordered and set out....

I hope that I don't get banned from these forums, but I enjoy Run8. I suggest do your own research in regards to Run8 and make up your own mind independently.
    Last edited by mc130fox; 05-01-2013 at 02:01 PM.
    Mark Fox

I do not think there was anything wrong with posting information here.

Myself, I rather like it, why.... I have the taptalk forum app for my phone and I can quickly browse topics on this forum. I think it is quite handy. I am looking forward to the new trainsets for the reason that it energizes my imangiation and I really on play on single player now. I am going to use the new engines as yard switchers in my little make believe land that I like to live in.

While I do understand that this has become a comforatable gathering place for banned memebers, there is still some that like the sim and enjoy the information that comes out. I enjoy the information good and and bad that you all post here.

I would suggest to continue to let the information steam flow, and each user can pick and choose what they want out of it.

Take Care

Reeves

Default Run 8 Amtrak

There are a number of Amtrak engineers commenting about the P42's and the way they handle/should handle in the Run 8 environment. Physics including changes related to HEP use, lighting that is VERY prototypical, brake pressures. It sounds like this is going to be quite an experience, especially at 90 mph on the Needles subdivsion when it's released fairly soon.

I wish folks could get over hurt feelings, or at least recognize that life's too short for that, and allow themselves to enjoy a really FUN experience. Personally I'm a fan of E8's, but for me it's going to be worth the money just to learn more about the railroad experience which is why I'm in these forums in the first place!

Have fun y'all!

Mark
    A Southern Railway Fan
    Last edited by Mark_Blum; 05-01-2013 at 02:17 PM. Reason: Signature

Quote Originally Posted by mc130fox View Post
    histrionics,

Great post and thanks for sharing. My take is that the Amtrak add-on will be pretty cool. P-42 locomotives with HEP power, well-modeled passenger cars, accurate lighting, multiple Phase paint schemes. MHCs, baggage cars, coaches, diners, lounges & more again in various schemes.

Just ignore the second post. Sadly, there is an exceedingly small minority that got dismissed for cause for their own actions and words, yet won't ever accept responsibility. Obviously they don't represent the Run8 community; they are just squeaky, flat-spotted and whiny wheels that will never get greased nor repaired, and have been bad-ordered and set out....

I hope that I don't get banned from these forums, but I enjoy Run8. I suggest do your own research in regards to Run8 and make up your own mind independently.
    Whiners whining about somebody whining..... can you say IRONY?

And also... I didn't get banned from there for good reasons. I have witnesses to that. I was banned after only 4 posts for simply asking questions. The question that got me banned? Simply asking if we would be able to seamlessly run our trains from the Mojave sub to the upcoming Needles Sub OR would we have to exit out and load up the Needles sub separately. That got me banned. No explanation nor would they respond to any emails to support about it. And that's been their MO with other people that have been banned as well. No explanation, won't respond to emails. But of course you'd rather stick up for them on ASSUMPTIONS instead of FACTS.

I merely commented that this guy posting this was weird and random. Since we ALL have access to the Run 8 home page, we can find out updates there. They've done a pretty good job of updating that page with the latest info, bug fix/feature add updates and DLCs on the way or the announcement they are now for sale.

And I've never had a problem with the sim.... just with the guy who sells it.
    EMD 2-strokes rule! My all-time favorite:SD45X I also like SD40-2/SD40T-2/SD45-2/SD45T-2/DD35A/DDA40X/SD70ACe/SD80ACe
    i7-7700HQ // 16GB DDR4 // GTX 1080 // 2TB SSD + 1TB HD // 17" 144Hz FHD w/G-Sync // TS2021 // TSW // T:ANE // Run 8 V2

ok we know you got banned, old news moot point, now no more forum, now can we move on please

Quote Originally Posted by SCLALINE View Post
    ok we know you got banned, old news moot point, now no more forum, now can we move on please
    Agreed. This must explain why he posted this here. Not so weird now.