Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone who thinks Run-8 didn't do a GREAT job on the RIDE experince...

Default Anyone who thinks Run-8 didn't do a GREAT job on the RIDE experince...

Hey all,

Not here to start a war.....but after running the hec out of Run-8, and getting use to how to switch, add cars, and spawn...plus my own creations (10508ft. 14500 ton Stack...you know, like the CN Iowa Div. M338 Minifest...but with Hoppers and tanks!) I can tell youi from experience and filming....the ride and "Seasick" factor is DEAD A$$ ON!!!

I have had the pleasure of being a conductor on 50MPH freights and 10MPH switching.....they have the ride DEAD on!

I LOVE this...the only thing is....I wish the options were more "user friendly"...and I had a seat that 'wobbles"

THe sayings when you screw up...are straight outa the sand house gossip!!

When I was a cub, I was scolded quite a few times for spilling my hoggers coffee!

I enjoy it more and more...I just need to get into more multi=player games!!

I am SO looking forward to SD40-2's.

Just my .02 cents.

kelley D. Ellison

Sure agree. It's a great program. Very well thought out, and the developers are extremely willing to address reasonable user requests. It is a true railroad simulator.

Quote Originally Posted by ace6879 View Post
    Hey all,

Not here to start a war.....but after running the hec out of Run-8, and getting use to how to switch, add cars, and spawn...plus my own creations (10508ft. 14500 ton Stack...you know, like the CN Iowa Div. M338 Minifest...but with Hoppers and tanks!) I can tell youi from experience and filming....the ride and "Seasick" factor is DEAD A$$ ON!!!
    kelley D. Ellison
    Hey Kelley, when will Jason and I see you on the DAMS server? If you haven't been in MP with 10-15 other trains, sometimes more, you're missing the best part of Run8. Time to put the original A-Line team all back together!

It is a pretty good sim. You'll get no war out of anybody for that.

My only issues with the sim are no single player scenarios...... documentation is bad........ and the RailDriver support wasn't as good as I had hoped. The graphics aren't that great, but they are serviceable.
    EMD 2-strokes rule! My all-time favorite:SD45X I also like SD40-2/SD40T-2/SD45-2/SD45T-2/DD35A/DDA40X/SD70ACe/SD80ACe
    i7-7700HQ // 16GB DDR4 // GTX 1080 // 2TB SSD + 1TB HD // 17" 144Hz FHD w/G-Sync // TS2021 // TSW // T:ANE // Run 8 V2

Quote Originally Posted by flarrfan2 View Post
    Hey Kelley, when will Jason and I see you on the DAMS server? If you haven't been in MP with 10-15 other trains, sometimes more, you're missing the best part of Run8. Time to put the original A-Line team all back together!
    Hey guys!!! You shoot me a link and time to be there, and BAM! I'm there. I't be nice to run with the pack again .....I miss me ole' chums! I al always telling my wife about the groups of people I met thru MSTS and how it really was a team and WORLD team at that!

Send me info on here, or same same [email protected]

Nice to chat...hope to run soon! I''l even throw my hat in for a dispatcher if need be.

Kelley D. Ellison

Quote Originally Posted by ace6879 View Post
    ... I can tell youi from experience and filming....the ride and "Seasick" factor is DEAD A$$ ON!!!...
    There's at least one person here, supposedly a professional in the world of railroading, who will disagree with your statement.
    It is this "Yes, it's realistic!" and the "No, it's not!" that makes it frustrating for those who are looking for the most authentic experience.

Bruce
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

well i hang out on a session with some confirmed real world railroaders, 3 BNSF and one works on Tehachapi, 2 NS, 1 CSX 2 UP and they are pretty happy, bet the only way to truly know the real seasick factor would be to have a seat that rocked like the old force feedback joysticks, but then foamers who have never been on a locomotive wouldnt know also the seasick factor can be fine tuned to your liking you can have a little or a lot just go to the SHIFT-F1 menu and look for the seasick multiplier and adjust it, the default is 0.012 i believe
    Last edited by SCLALINE; 05-02-2013 at 10:30 PM.

I don't think anyone has ever doubted the physics and roll/motion aspects of the sim. The problem is the interface and save features need bolstering and of course the ever present desire from some quarters (such as myself) to have AI traffic in SP without having to embrace the MMO concept.

I'm with you on the AI as far as an enhancing of MP or for SP. I tried looking into programming a client clone, but network programming is out of my league. For now I enjoy the MP sessions now and then, and just having a small group on my server switching yards and running some local and regional trains. Just 2 people in the right environment can be very rewarding for the time being.

I'd be happy to offer my AI logic flowcharts. But I think they got some fish to fry by the end of summer first before I suspect it will be on the table (just a gut feeling).

Thanks

Sean