Thread: RailDriver "MacroWorks 3.1" Script for Run8

Default RailDriver "MacroWorks 3.1" Script for Run8

It's now available on File Library, Section Run8.

It reflects my own style of driving: rarely out of cabin. So (for example) I haven't assigned the combo Shift+F12. But you can record new keystrokes to your like (for example: Shift+F12 to the current Wave button, etc.).

It’s compatible with the current 03-31-2014 upgrade.

The pre-programmed buttons are:
    Note: Buttons numbered left to right: Top row is 1 thru 14, bottom row 15 thru 28.)

Button[1] cycles the currently-selected MFD Screen, if a locomotive has more than one.

Button[2, 3, 4, 5, 6] sets the currently-selected MFD Screen's page.
    Note: In other words, Buttons[1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6] all correspond to the selection boxes at the bottom of each MFD screen.

Button[14] in conjunction with 4-way pad switch will move camera at a faster pace (around 25 MPH).
    Note:I if you use keyboard's Shift key instead, you get a bit slower speed, around 15 MPH.

Button[26] decreases the DPU Fence position.

Button[27] increases the DPU Fence position.

Button[28] toggles the DPU Dynamic Brake Setup mode.

Blue Up/Down toggle controls Camera FOV when not in control of a train, and controls the DPU Throttle when in control of a train.

Blue 4-way Pad Rocker switch controls camera. If you hit F1 (let the popup screen opened) and then the Pad you can walk "fingerless", i.e. you hit the Pad once so that there is no need to keep it pressed. To stop walking hit F1 again (to close the popup screen).

Have fun! I'm having since I bought my console on 2003!
    Cheers,
    Doc.

Ps.: A huge thanks to Jason (SCLALINE) Webb for the help on retrieving my lost mini Guide.
    Last edited by MachinistBrazil; 04-08-2014 at 10:04 PM.

Helping a friend I found a typo in the Run8 RD User's Guide v2.pdf.

Where you read:
    2) Drop it into the default MacroWorks Scripts folder (Win7), or equivalent:
    C:\Users\yourloginname\AppData\Local\PI Engineering\MacroWorks 3\MyScripts

Change to read:
    2) Drop it into the default MacroWorks RailDriver Scripts folder (Win7), or equivalent:
    C:\Users\yourloginname\AppData\Local\PI Engineering\MacroWorks 3\MyScripts\RailDriver

Plus, some more information for those that are not "seeing" the AppData folder. To make it show up:
    Open Explorer | Organize | Folder and search options
    Explorer Configuration 3.jpg

In View tab | Select Show hidden files, folders and drivers | Uncheck Hide extensions for known files types | Click the button Apply to Folders
    Explorer Configuration 4.jpg

Cheers,
    Doc.

Hello every RD users!

A couple words of warning for those that already have MacroWorks 3.1 installed for other train sims: Trainz, MSTS and RSC products, or whatever the name they have now!.

The MW3 software that comes along with RD usually has pre-made script(s) for other sims. These scripts are not compatible with Run8 because they assign keystrokes to the switches and buttons that are already controlled by Run8 RD built-in feature, therefore they will fight each other and will (probably) cause RD to fail when playing Run8. For the same reason, pre-programmed keystrokes in Run8 can NOT be re-recorded. So....

1) If you already have RD/MW3 installed for other train sims, I suggest to:
    a) use my Script, alternating as appropriate the script for Run8 and for other sims accordingly to which game you are going to play with; or else,
    b) don't load MW3 (it's usually configured to start when Windows starts up, in this case: do close MW3), using the default Run8 configuration only;
    2) Anyway, do NOT try to record (assign keystrokes) to the pre-programmed Run8 switches and buttons (see my first post about which they are), otherwise they will conflict with the Run8's built-in feature causing the RD to fail when Running8 (pun intended).

Doc.
    Last edited by MachinistBrazil; 01-07-2014 at 03:36 PM.
    i7 2600K CPU @ 3.4 GHz (8 CPUs) - 8GB RAM 667MHz - NVidia GeForce GTX 460 1MB - 21' Monitor (1920x1080) - Auzentech X-Fi Forte 5.1 - RailDriver - Run8 Beta Tester.

Here is a shot of the MacroWorks3 programming interface. The buttons / levers / switches circled in RED are used by Run8 and should not be changed or programmed with any functions at all.

Doug B.
    Eugene, Oregon, USA - Pacific Standard Time ( - 8:00 UTC )
    3.4 ghz Intel i7-3770 quad core processor, 8 gigs RAM, 2 gig AMD Radeon HD 7850