Thread: Short Term Future of Run 8

Default Short Term Future of Run 8

I have been reading here trying to get some insight to the meaning of the run 8 forums closing.

no one seems to indicate any clear reason that I can figure out to what is going on. Does this mean that there has been shake up within their organization, are DLC's that are "almost ready" on hold, has run 8 fell victim to the small business failure rate?

While most things are not my business, just idle thoughts on my part about a simulator that I have warm affections for still. It also seems to me that the train siming community is close knit enough that this seems like valid questions amongst friends.

Thanks

Reeves

I second the comments by Reeves. Indeed, the particulars of the Run 8 business enterprise are not my business
    either...but a lot of anticipation has been built on forthcoming release of DLCs...and now it feels as if the cloth has
    been pulled off the dinner table. There is a lot of silence, and lot of unknown. I am nervous about the future of the
    enterprise. The rumor mill is running w/ speculation. Some simple reassurances by our friend John G. would be
    most welcome. I feel we are at an awkward crossroads here...maybe we are all looking to deeply into the sudden
    removal of the Run 8 forum...so you will have to excuse the paranoia.

Again, this is through the grapevine, but a friend of mine was listening to John Greenstone talk to others in the DAMS TS server the other day and John stated that the Amtrak DLC is very, very close. It seems to me that the Run8 forum was just slowing the progress of their projects and that they have taken it down indefinitely for the purpose of being able to focus their energy on getting their projects done and to all of us. I would say, for now, just be patient and let's see what happens. I think it will be good stuff in the long run. I too hope the Run8 forum comes back up at some point but if it does not, then the result should be that more DLC gets to us faster.
    Doug B.
    Eugene, Oregon, USA - Pacific Standard Time ( - 8:00 UTC )
    3.4 ghz Intel i7-3770 quad core processor, 8 gigs RAM, 2 gig AMD Radeon HD 7850

Though I think there is a slight delay (or perhaps it's the anticipation) I think everything with Run8 is fine. The community in my opinion is stronger now. As I said before a few people felt as though they were not welcome by the community. I certainly don't want to rehash that because it is history.

I'm running on servers now I did not think I would be running on. But it appears to be going both ways. Tonight I had a fairly decent session tonight. At least 1 brand new member tried my server out for his very first MP. Other familiar faces have been returning so from my perspective all is well.

Thanks

Sean

i think you guys are reading into it way too much, Doug is pretty spot on, plus it eliminates the accusations concerning banning, i think it was a brilliant move on Brads part

I couldn't agree more. If I had any bad feelings (I like to call being out of the bubble) that was evaporated by that move.

Thanks

Sean

I got what I was looking for out this thread. True or not, makes me think that things are still moving forward. Again, it was never any of my business. I just thought there were more than just me wondering the same thing.

Reeves