Thread: DLC NOT appearing

Exclamation DLC NOT appearing

Yesterday, I bought the AT&N Consolidation; it shows up in my collection, but selecting it does nothing. I looked in the assets folder and no smokebox folder. I cleared the cache and verified integrity 4 times, same deal. Steam says I should completely remove TS2013 from my computer and redownload. Eh, not really feelin' that. Is dealing with Steam a taste of what Obama care is going to be like?

Quote Originally Posted by dogrokket View Post
    Yesterday, I bought the AT&N Consolidation; it shows up in my collection, but selecting it does nothing. I looked in the assets folder and no smokebox folder. I cleared the cache and verified integrity 4 times, same deal. Steam says I should completely remove TS2013 from my computer and redownload. Eh, not really feelin' that.
    That sounds like the usual response from Microsoft support when a user of their O/S reports a problem they can not or will not explain.

Where in the Railworks\Assets folders does it show up, in the RSC folder ?

In a Scenario Editor having Object Linked to the Assets folder it is in then it should be selectable in the locos list panel on the left.

If you can not select and place it onto tracks then contact:
    [email protected]

O t t o

Quote Originally Posted by OTTODAD View Post

That sounds like the usual response from Microsoft support when a user of their O/S reports a problem they can not or will not explain.

Where in the Railworks\Assets folders does it show up, in the RSC folder ?

In a Scenario Editor having Object Linked to the Assets folder it is in then it should be selectable in the locos list panel on the left.

If you can not select and place it onto tracks then contact:
    [email protected]

O t t o

It doesn't show up anywhere... like it never downloaded at all, even though it shows up on the left side of the collections screen. Railsim support suggested a full erase/install of trainsim. Apparently, I'm not the only one with this issue...

http://railworksamerica.com/forum/vi...p=96243#p96243

Quote Originally Posted by dogrokket View Post
    It doesn't show up anywhere... like it never downloaded at all, even though it shows up on the left side of the collections screen. Railsim support suggested a full erase/install of trainsim. Apparently, I'm not the only one with this issue...
    What a mess !

A full erase/install of Trainsim would wipe out all non RS.com add-ons, Freeware and third-party Payware.

Is that what they are after ?

Confirms why I am not happy having to use STEAM at all and RS.com only if I have to as a last resort !

O t t o

Gandangara Estate, Sutherland Shire. N.S.W, Australia.

What I don't get is why you have to verify cache at all, or re-download to fix problems.

Is this a Steam issue or a RS issue?

I've got into the habit of verifying cache weekly (having backed up modified content) and
    there are always files to be downloaded.

Regards

Daniel
    Daniel - Sydney (wishing I was in Townsville)

Quote Originally Posted by daniellouwrens View Post
    What I don't get is why you have to verify cache at all, or re-download to fix problems. Is this a Steam issue or a RS issue? I've got into the habit of verifying cache weekly (having backed up modified content) and there are always files to be downloaded.
    If you modify RS.com TS-2013 files then a Verify Cache will replace them with their unadulterated versions.

O t t o

The problem with the Steam downloads, which was affecting several items of DLC (not just the Consolidation), has been fixed (at last!). I hope you enjoy running the loco

Smokebox