Thread: Delcala route issue

Default Delcala route issue

i HAVE DELCALA2 INSTALLED SUCCESSFULLY BUT I AM GETTING FOLLOWING ERROR MESSAGE WHEN I OPEN SOME OF THE ACTIVITY.

Failed to open texture file
    Trains\trainset\wap1_4\wap4_bogie.ace
    Train\trainset\wap1_4\wap4_cab_int.ace

then at the end " CAN'T ADD CAR WAP4_22280 (uid:200361) to world.

i HAVE ALL THE ROLLING STOCK INSTALLED CORRECTLY INCLUDING WAP1WAP4 AS WELL.

PLEASE HELP

are the above files which are said to be missing actually present in your Wap1_4 folder? If no, i will give u the files

Ia ora na.
    Dear abhiaccent0,
    A] in this forum (as in many other ones), somebody using uppercase letters (XYZ) is seen as shouting. And this line in your post
    then at the end
    shows that your keyboard can also give lowercase (and normal) letters.

B] Which Wap1/Wap4 engines do you mean? Did you download and install wap1_4.zip from the Trainsim's file library? If so,
    1) in the Read Me-IR WAP1 & Wap4.txt which comes with wap1_4.zip, you can find this:
    Requires :
    -------------------
    A Small World Indian Railways Loco Packs 1 & 2 previously installed.These packs by Ronald Kappel are required for sound and the cab.Also requires files "wap7wag9.zip" and "Wamswags.zip" for some textures.
    Have you placed those files?
    2) even stranger:
    a) none of the .s files (Wap1gzb.s, Wap4ED.s and so on) uses any Wap4_bogie.ace texture; only Wap4Bogie.ace (which is in the .zip) and Wambogie.ace (which is in Wamswags.zip); and also Wap7rad.ace, from wap7wag9.zip;
    b) the provided activities which use Wap1 or Wap4 (for instance 3317 Dhanbad Black Diamond Exp) need consists such as "WAP4 exp.con" with this kind of mentions:
    EngineData ( ASWWAP4 "ASM - IR Loco" )
    So, if you want to run an original DelCal(A or B)2 route activity (and I guess that's the meaning of "when I open some of the activit[ies]"), you're supposed
    >> to have your rolling stock in "ASM - IR Loco" and "ASM - IR Coach";
    >> to use ASWWAP4.eng, not the wap4ajj.eng found in wap1_4.zip;
    NB- the corresponding ASWWAP4.s file does not use anymore any Wap4_bogie.ace;
    of course, you can change everything; did you do (or are you trying to do) that?

I wish that, alone or with friend's help, you can solve your problem.
    Good travels with MSTS.
    Last edited by xylonakau; 06-11-2013 at 04:13 PM.