Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Run 8 5/10/13 Update

Default Run 8 5/10/13 Update

An update was posted on the Run 8 website today. A few minor changes and fixes. Be sure to grab it!

http://www.run8studios.com/updates_dlc.shtml

In the other forum one guy reported that when trying to load the re-newed Train Stats MFD Screen the game crashes. He also said later that now "seems to be working". Well... game is still crashing for me when loading that screen. Only me with the issue? or only me driving in cab?!
    Cheers,
    Doc.

i'm running it now. so far, no problems......

hello all.
    I am loving this sim btw!
    All tho. Since I installed upgrade I can confirm ctd when changing screens on mfd.

take any of your mods out doc

Quote Originally Posted by MachinistBrazil View Post
    In the other forum one guy reported that when trying to load the re-newed Train Stats MFD Screen the game crashes. He also said later that now "seems to be working". Well... game is still crashing for me when loading that screen. Only me with the issue? or only me driving in cab?!
    Cheers,
    Doc.

Both me and a friend are having a similar issue.. Run8 worked fine up until we installed this update and now it CTD as soon as we try to load a session..

Jason Webb, We don't have mods so could you elaborate on this if it is in fact the culprit?
    Don't tell me the sky's the limit, when there's footsteps on the moon..

--Josh--

try to create a new session i cant really help troubleshooting, but if that doesnt work try re downloading the update and make sure you run as admin

So far, from what I dug and tested, looks like the issue is happening only with a consist (two or more vehicles) in which the taken engine has no symbol. And also with light engines (with symbol, or no symbol). Trains (consists) with symbol are running flawlessly, this is why so many people are not having any crash's problem.

Doc.

It has to do with new information being provided by the stats screen on the MFD. If you have a train with no symbol the game will crash if you try to go to that screen. I have heard that there may be some other scenarios with the train symbol that cause it to crash but have not verified it yet for myself.
    Doug B.
    Eugene, Oregon, USA - Pacific Standard Time ( - 8:00 UTC )
    3.4 ghz Intel i7-3770 quad core processor, 8 gigs RAM, 2 gig AMD Radeon HD 7850

So it sounds like I should wait to upgrade. Unless the upgrades are more important then the potential crashes introduced. What do you guys think?
    EMD 2-strokes rule! My all-time favorite:SD45X I also like SD40-2/SD40T-2/SD45-2/SD45T-2/DD35A/DDA40X/SD70ACe/SD80ACe
    i7-7700HQ // 16GB DDR4 // GTX 1080 // 2TB SSD + 1TB HD // 17" 144Hz FHD w/G-Sync // TS2021 // TSW // T:ANE // Run 8 V2