Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: " Ballast Texture "

Cool " Ballast Texture "

Hi...are the files interchangeable? v.8 to x_1600 version,..i ask because all versions after v.8 seam to have " flashing" of the "ballast /tie" texture as the train passes by or approaches the ( outside ) camera view!.. This "ballast/tie flashing" does not happen in v.8 or MSTS! I do have latest ''Bin'' v.8 installed also. I was just wondering if I could exchange the file that was changed in the 1600 version with the one from v.8 to maybe correct the issue,might be wrong through. Any ideas guys? Thanks!

Tim :-)

Uh, that's not an OR problem as it doesn't change the ballast textures used in each route. What track system? Xtracks? Default? DBTracks? ScaleRail?

Really sounds to me like you have issues with your graphics card's settings.
    Just say NO to Fictional Railroad Foaming...

Hi,...i have Xtracks installed, and also have two pc's one with win7 64-bit & xp pro 64-bit as mentioned before, the flashing does not occur in ORv.8! only in the or_x_versions,...if it is my card what would i have to adjust to fix this for future or_x_versions? My graphic cards are (2) ATI Radeon 4800 Series 512 mb, running in CrossFireX mode. Thanks!

Can you tell us what route causes you the problem? If it is a freeware roue, where is it downloadable?

Hi, this is my own custom route, that i have used for about a year now! It does uses Xtracks. For the previous year i have had no issues with MSTS or ORv.8 The 'flashing' has only started since i started using the OR v_x up to the most recent 1600 version! If it might be my graphic card settings,..what do i adjust in AMD Catylast panel? ...or is there something else to try? Thanks!

Do other routes show tracks flashing in ORTS X.1600 or just your route ?

O t t o

Hi Otto,. as far as i can tell i've only noticed it in my own routes! I 've run USA1 & USA2 (MSTS) don't recall seeing any
    'flashing' in those!..Do you think it could just be my graphic card settings, might need to be changed for the orts x.1600v? Thanks!

Download this: http://www.otto-wipfel.co.uk/msts-downloads/tracks.zip

and after un-zipping copy both *.ACE files into your route's TEXTURES folder.

Also make sure that your Catalyst Control Center is set to Anisotropic Filtering 16X.

O t t o

Hi Otto...thanks for the track.zip...there is no flashing, even without adjusting my Anisotropic Filtering! I have a question,..if i wanted to create my own track/ballast texture, what would be the correct settings to use, (to prevent 'flashing'?) in the TGATool or when creating the
    Apha Channel? Thanks, again for all your help!

Hi Tim !

I think that the track textures are created by a graphics editor, I am no expert on.

If you want a choice of various track textures then download my MSTS Tracks-Changer which has 11 versions to be used instantly in routes that use X-Tracks, just running their Batch files:

http://www.otto-wipfel.co.uk/msts-downloads/msts-tracks-changer.zip

There are also 58 other track textures I have assembled for manually replacing in routes Textures folders : tracks.zip

O t t o