Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: " x_1600 Glitch"

Cool " x_1600 Glitch"

See The Attached Images Below:

Hi,..i noticed this after the x_1600 version was loaded,.. that part of the track texture, ballast/ties were missing!..so i went back to a later version, x_1477 and loaded this one and the ballast/ties were now showing up! so my question is what has changed in the code to cause this?..NOTE: all my settings are the same for both comparisons!..even when they were changed the result was the same! Any ideas guys? Thanks!

Tim :-)Open Rails x_1600 2013-05-17 09-27-29.jpgOpen Rails x_1477 2013-05-17 09-35-00.jpg

Go download x1605...x1600 is already superceded
    Just say NO to Fictional Railroad Foaming...

Which route is that, your's or another one ?

Looks like either the terrain is too high or all the tracks are too low, none of the routes I have in MSTS doing that in X.1600 !

O t t o

P.S.: No mention of a fix in V.1605 relating to this problem or other terrain textures problems, green patches now showing which do not in MSTS.

Last edited by OTTODAD; 05-17-2013 at 05:49 PM.

Hi,...same thing happens with x1605! also....as a said previously that the problem does not occur in the x1477 version!

Tim :-)

What route and what tile? I believe there were some changes done to alpha-sorting over the past few months to deal with transparent passenger views, but I've never come across issues like this with track and ballast.

Hi otto,..this is my own custom route! however i have no problem when i run the x1477 version,..so whatever was updated in the versions up to x1605 could be the problem! There is no way to know what file or code that is,..maybe if i new what settings to use when creating my track texture i can adjust this one to work with x1605 version! ..Maybe i'll keep tweaking the texture in Paint Shop Pro. Thanks for your input!

Hi it's my own custom route i've been creating for the past year,..i used Mosaic for my terrain texures, never had this issue until i started running Or x versions, to be exact Orv8 and all x versions up to 1477 all run fine!..but when i run any version after the x1477-x1605 i get the missing tie/ballast,... i'm just mistified,..same route, same graphic settings!..weird uh? You mentioned some changes done to alpha-sorting, (not sure what that is),..i wonder if it can be trimmed back a little. Maybe some of the Or team will see this post consider re-adjustment. Might just have to wait for the next update.

Where Standard Gauge is 3 feet between the rails.

Have you filed a bug report?

https://bugs.launchpad.net/or/+filebug

Thank you,

Robert

Hi..have filed bug report!

I strongly suggest to wait for a response from the OR team fore you go mucking up your textures. Save some grief for yourself.

No one else appears to be having this problem which points to something specific on your machine.
    Last edited by apco25; 05-19-2013 at 09:59 AM.
    Just say NO to Fictional Railroad Foaming...