Thread: West of Barstow

Default West of Barstow

Can I assume that the blue terrain indicates an incomplete part of the route west of the Barstow Amtrak station?
    West of Barstow.jpg

I have had that a few times, if you hit F10, should clear it up

Actually, that is EAST Barstow, and I've never seen anything like that in that area, which is about 3/4 mile before the end of track. Gotta think that is a video card issue.

4. Default

I've run into that issue a few times when loading into the game. As ryan said, just hit F10 or teleport to a different location, then back in and it should clear up.

I have also seen that before but it did not last. Of course, now I can't replicate it so I can't confirm whether or not jumping around will make it go away. I usually just restart the sim and it's fine. It could very well be a video card issue as it has been confirmed by the lead programmer himself that my video card is lacking.
    Doug B.
    Eugene, Oregon, USA - Pacific Standard Time ( - 8:00 UTC )
    3.4 ghz Intel i7-3770 quad core processor, 8 gigs RAM, 2 gig AMD Radeon HD 7850

As everyone has said, that indicates that the textures didn't load properly for some reason. I used to get this until I upgraded my video card last year.

You are, of course, correct, it's EAST of Barstow. I really miss the compass. The blue tinge occurs only in that one region, so I suspect it's not my graphics card; although it's just an ATI Radeon HD 4650 (I have an older laptop and that's the best it will support), it seems ok elsewhere.

The effect becomes more extensive the farther you go until you run out of track, and the F10 scenery refresh has no effect. As you approach what looks like a gas station/mini-mart, you can see where other terrain features are possibly going to be laid out, so I'm assuming it's just under development. We used to have freeway overpasses like that here in Seattle, just went off to nowhere at all.

It's certainly not a problem, just something I found interesting. Thanks for all the insights.

Just Hit F10 to reload the tiles, sometimes the terrain textures dont load correctly - mostly a memory issue - F10 real quick fixes it

I have seen the same thing around Walong as well as out in the desert between Mojave and Barstow.
    Doug B.
    Eugene, Oregon, USA - Pacific Standard Time ( - 8:00 UTC )
    3.4 ghz Intel i7-3770 quad core processor, 8 gigs RAM, 2 gig AMD Radeon HD 7850