Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lets Talk Metro North M8s

Default Lets Talk Metro North M8s

Hey fellas,

Its been more than a long time since I have been on here. So I just downloaded the metro north route a few days ago and its really great. I have a few ideas for getting a M8 released. Essentially it involves modifying the main body shape of my LIRR M7 (that I was never able to get working in the game) and then re texturing it and adding an under body. I need help with this project (and my other ones). I have been working on these projects maybe 1 day a month, progress is just way too slow to try to finish these things on my own. With college and working 3 jobs I just don't have the time. So basically depending on the level of interest in helping out with this project (and my other ones) we can get this stuff released. Please let me know if interested.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Not to derail this thread (no pun intended), but are these the types of cars that were involved in the derailment/collision in CT last week?
    Don't tell me the sky's the limit, when there's footsteps on the moon..

--Josh--

Quote Originally Posted by scfe_fan View Post
    Not to derail this thread (no pun intended), but are these the types of cars that were involved in the derailment/collision in CT last week?
    yes those were the ones. I was going to be on one of those trains too but I ended up driving instead. what luck.
    http://web.mta.info/mnr/NewHaven/new...-recovery.html

Quote Originally Posted by m7train View Post
    Hey fellas,

Its been more than a long time since I have been on here. So I just downloaded the metro north route a few days ago and its really great. I have a few ideas for getting a M8 released. Essentially it involves modifying the main body shape of my LIRR M7 (that I was never able to get working in the game) and then re texturing it and adding an under body. I need help with this project (and my other ones). I have been working on these projects maybe 1 day a month, progress is just way too slow to try to finish these things on my own. With college and working 3 jobs I just don't have the time. So basically depending on the level of interest in helping out with this project (and my other ones) we can get this stuff released. Please let me know if interested.
    Your best bet would be to partner up with kurras railroads as he is also working on the same project. Bet you two could also get some subway stock going.
    https://www.trainsim.com/vbts/signaturepics/sigpic75077_5.gif
    Cory Duguid
    US NAVY

Which program are you using to build these models?

Robert

Quote Originally Posted by NW 2156 View Post
    Which program are you using to build these models?

Robert
    3dCrafter

I use Gmax as I believe does Kurras Railroads?

Robert

Well it really does not make a difference because I could export to a format that can be imported in Gmax

Quote Originally Posted by m7train View Post
    Well it really does not make a difference because I could export to a format that can be imported in Gmax
    Alright then lets get some m7s and m8s rolling. :-)
    https://www.trainsim.com/vbts/signaturepics/sigpic75077_5.gif
    Cory Duguid
    US NAVY

Basically yesterday I took the time out to start over with the M7 body and rebuild it. I hope to be done with all the modeling by today and have just texturing to do. I am building it 100 times better than the last 2 times. It is also going to be a lot easier to modify it into a M8 and M7A

3DCrafter 2013-05-28 19-13-42-75.jpg
    3DCrafter 2013-05-28 19-13-43-13.jpg
    3DCrafter 2013-05-28 19-16-19-62.jpg
    3DCrafter 2013-05-28 19-18-12-93.jpg
    3DCrafter 2013-05-28 19-55-55-66.jpg

Last edited by m7train; 05-29-2013 at 07:24 PM.