Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lets Talk Metro North M8s

I know that roof is looking a bit square haha. I only have that on there for placement for now. So far so good. I need higher quality textures for the underbody though.

Looks great!

Here's a vdeo of the progress of the M-8, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkPXi1SePW8, looks like it's coming along nicely!

essentially everything is near completion on the base model.

Bodywork.. everything completed except for the panto. Not sure which direction I am going to go with that considering I was planning on animating the doors using the (P) key. The front end needs some minor detailing.

Sound... 90% completed. using the M7 sounds that I already have for base model which are in the process of being edited. not sure which direction I am going to go as far as including station announcements. See this video for the current station announcements and sounds. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkP8vZQaOWM

Cabview... 60% complete. everything is done except i have to animate the controls. Not sure which direction I am going to go as far as cab signaling.

Interior. 70% complete. I am going to use a separate .S file for the interior. It is the same one used on my M7 and I am going to just swap the textures. location is in the 5 seater in the "F" end of the car.

In about 3 hours I will get to ride on the M7 to Penn Station and then hopefully a M8 for the first time to New Haven. Hopefully I will get additional sounds and textures I need.

I went a little too fast into the west side yard on the LIRR route.
    [mod note: no screenshots of crash scenes, please...]
    Last edited by eolesen; 06-11-2013 at 12:49 AM.

http://www.vergarastudio.com/pdf/MNRR_M8.pdf

I had the honor of meeting (briefly) Cesar Vergara at the UIC High Speed Rail Congress in Philadelphia last summer. Hope the link helps!

Looks geat!!!! And forgive me for sounding pushy but any estimate on a release date?

Quote Originally Posted by LJSubway View Post
    Looks geat!!!! And forgive me for sounding pushy but any estimate on a release date?
    I am currently working on the LIRR route, building scenery items. I am not sure which direction I want to go with the M8 model right now. Not sure if I should add a full interior, what method I am going to use to illuminate several of the LED and indicator lights on the outside of the train, station announcements, roof textures, and opening the doors. Essentially all of the modeling is done. I want to finish the Babylon branch track, and Port Jefferson branch scenery Huntington to Hicksville on the LIRR route before I get back to this project. Should be at least a week before I work on it again.

Default Update

Next week when I get back to New York from Florida, I should have a nearly completed cabview, and sounds. I was able to get on a M8 twice on the fourth of July and even got into the cab for a few minutes. Progress has been slow lately as I am working on my Subway and LIRR stock and routes and now I am just starting a Florida East Coast Railroad and TRI-rail route. I will have more pictures and videos soon.

Sorry for asking but I'm really curious on how complete your LIRR route is as of now? I love your work man!