Thread: Help On Aliasing Dash 9 Cabview

widger Guest

Default Help On Aliasing Dash 9 Cabview

I am trying to update the cabview and sounds for the default dash 9 in msts. I am using the updated model from mlt. I am aliasing the cabview and sounds from version 1 of the sli scenic sub dash 9's. I have got the sounds working correctly, but the cabview is just blank for me. The line I am using for the cabview is this:
    CabView ( "..\\..\\SLI.BNSF\\CABVIEW\\BNSF-DASH9.cvf" )
    Am I doing something wrong here? I have not moved any of the files around- they are where the installer put them in the trainset folder. Any help?

You cannot alias Cabview .cvf files the same way as sound files.

Unlike sounds, the .cvf file must be in the same folder as the locomotive. That likely means copying the .cvf and all of its required files into this new locomotive's folder.
    Nick - Creator of the Virtual Railroading Review Show

widger Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Train-a-Mania View Post

Unlike sounds, the .cvf file must be in the same folder as the locomotive. That likely means copying the .cvf and all of its required files into this new locomotive's folder.
    Okay! We are up and running now. Thanks for the help!

Sorry, but totally wrong. Cabs can be aliased, I do it all the time. The main thing to remember is that all calls for the ace files must be given the same style of alias path as the cvf file. These ace files can even be in different folders. Long as you get the alias path correct, they will show in the cab view.

You only have to download and study one of the cabs made by Charlie Sibaja to understand how it works.
    Beer is not a matter of life or death, it is much more serious than that.

widger Guest

Quote Originally Posted by baldwin View Post
    Sorry, but totally wrong. Cabs can be aliased, I do it all the time. The main thing to remember is that all calls for the ace files must be given the same style of alias path as the cvf file. These ace files can even be in different folders. Long as you get the alias path correct, they will show in the cab view.

You only have to download and study one of the cabs made by Charlie Sibaja to understand how it works.
    Aha, I see. So, make sure ace files' paths are correct, and it should work. I'll make sure to check these when I try to alias a cabview again. Thanks for the help!

Quote Originally Posted by Train-a-Mania View Post
    The following works for me?

CabView ( "../../common.cab/AUnsw81/AUnsw81.cvf " )

cheers
    Cheers
    Derek

You can either alias the .cfv file ( much cleaner this way) or you can alias the .ace files contained in the .cvf file and then leave that in the CABVIEW folder.

As an example in the past I would create custom cabview for various SLI locomotives. The .cvf file was in the cabview folder of the locomotive along with the main and conductor view .ace files, while everything else was aliased elsewhere, typically in the cabview folder of the original SLI model.
    Just say NO to Fictional Railroad Foaming...