Thread: ACE files for Newroads 4.0 & 3.2

Default ACE files for Newroads 4.0 & 3.2

I've noticed that there are no ACE files at all enclosed with Newroads 4.0 3.2. For sure explains why the shapes won't work when trying to use them in the RE!!!!

So where are the ACE files for these road sections?? They are NOT in my GLOBAL Textures folder or in any Texture folders for my routes.

Thanks

A quick bit of research in the file library gives me this for a search, RDSRBK*.ZIP which throws up two files, one for USA and Canada, and one for UK.
    Beer is not a matter of life or death, it is much more serious than that.

Quote Originally Posted by baldwin View Post
    A quick bit of research in the file library gives me this for a search, RDSRBK*.ZIP which throws up two files, one for USA and Canada, and one for UK.
    That's what I needed!!!. Why on earth were the textures for Newroads not enclosed as part of the file to begin with???? Just does not make sense...... At any rate, I can now use Newroads. I would have been inclined to just pitch the file otherwise and settle for a different road package.

Ia ora na.
    Quote Originally Posted by MSTS lifer View Post
    [...] Why on earth were the textures for Newroads not enclosed as part of the file to begin with???? Just does not make sense
    Because the NewRoads_V40_MSTS1_Setup.exe file is made for Newroads' users, who have no need of such an add-on since they find the needed textures in their Routes\MyRoute\Textures folder.
    So, there is an additional file for routes makers (who are likely fewer than users); the same thing with XTracks (XTracksR.zip vs XTracks3_20_EndUser_MSTS1_Setup.exe).
    Have a quiet day.
    Last edited by xylonakau; 06-03-2013 at 12:53 PM.