Thread: RTS beta going full version this summer

Default RTS beta going full version this summer

Just wanted to send a quick message for newer faces to those who aren't on my site or server etc. of some developments I'm planning before the Run8 development kit is released late this summer.

Other than my server, RTS main goal has always been car forwarding. It first was a concept back in the MSTS days and eventually became a system interacting with activities I wrote. Before Run8 was released last summer, as a former beta team member I had the opportunity to start developing the system prior to the release of Run8. Eventually I began developing an alpha version that only I could run for my server. It expanded to a public beta version this past winter.

The software became an essential tool for automating switch lists in between sessions. It pulls data from the actual train files of Run8 including the destination tags. Another database of waybills with shipper and consignee information gives more detailed information to switch lists and wheeler lists. The yardmaster then has the ability to tag cars with the 3 digit waybill number. If the car is empty it gets directed to the shipper in the reports, if loaded to the consignee. Once the car is unloaded you have to remove the tag when physically unloading the car. Cuts of cars at yards and industries are given a name that you choose with the save train only option in Run8. You then add this name to a list of all and RTS spits a report out of your entire system. You can then copy and paste the data into text files, online documents, etc. Examples of such reports are on my website and are used by crews who are switching on my server.

I've updated my website tonight with the plans for the full version this summer including all of the features I have coming. The beta is still available as well for download, as it all other information. Any ideas or suggestions I'm open to and will try to fit in as time permits. For more information links are in my signature.

Thanks

Sean

excellent! Can't wait to see what you will be doing with RTS!

Thanks guys

Sean

Just a couple updates in brief:

In the process of building a spawn matrix over the rest of June. It's the best answer I have for AI at the moment to keep train movements flowing, and so far it's working out pretty good.

I had mentioned briefly in a reply about consist generator. I'll be building this into RTS regardless of what gets added onto the Run8 program going forward. At it's basic level it will be able to take any consist and generate random lists or random/specific lists based on criteria and/or waybills if you are using them. On a more detailed and complicated level I will be experimenting with placement algorithms that will take the basic concepts mentioned and generate a train list at key locations. What makes it complicated is that the tracks curve and change level. But seeing how the TMU utility spawns a train in a straight line anyways even if not attached a click makes it so. I'm pretty confident I can get this to work.

The other major project I'm working on late summer as part of RTS is a simulated hump yard. The hump job would take it's train to the hump track. Waybills and or simple track classifiers can be added to the data tags. It would then check against the yard database to make sure the track can handle it. This also would be the place where the waybill would be stored in the reports. Because spawning currently removes the tags these reports would be the basis if you wanted to add tags again.

More details on the spawn matrix this month on my website as well as screen shots etc. later this summer for RTS as I bring it in.

Thanks

Sean