Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dams

Default Dams

Wow I guess DAMS,Brad and the TS good'ol boy club must really hate me because now I cant connect to any server on Run 8.......you might as well ban me from here too.
    Blake

Quote Originally Posted by UP7729 View Post
    Wow I guess DAMS,Brad and the TS good'ol boy club must really hate me because now I cant connect to any server on Run 8.......you might as well ban me from here too.
    Blake first Brad has nothing to do with the DAMS server so no sense dragging him into your own created problem at the DAMS.I would go on to the DAMS forum and contact Ralph the server owner and talk with him.
    Work Safe play hard

Sounds like you created quite a ruckus over on the DAMS recently Blake. You have not been banned from all Run8 servers as each server is controlled only by the host and anyone he gives authority. You can even host your own sessions if you can get your firewall and router set up correctly. Then you can set your own rules for others to abide by. I was not there so I don't know what it is you did or didn't do, other than what was posted in their forum, but if you were warned, and didn't heed that warning and then spammed the server, then yeah, you are out but good. You can always do as mentioned above and contact Ralph and try to smooth things over with him but he takes his server very seriously and messing around will not get you very far in his server. I went in one night when I though no one was there and still asked permission to spawn a train. I got an instant response from one of the administrators of the forum and server so I know they are always watching and are there to help you or discipline you, either way you want it. If you like to run trains, you have not wasted your money and may need to just figure out what it is you want to accomplish, but if you just want to screw around, then, yeah, you wasted your money and time. I hope the later is not the case.
    Doug B.
    Eugene, Oregon, USA - Pacific Standard Time ( - 8:00 UTC )
    3.4 ghz Intel i7-3770 quad core processor, 8 gigs RAM, 2 gig AMD Radeon HD 7850

Well I did waste my money because every time I try to join a server it just says attempting to connect and that's it,nothing.

And before you say its my internet its not,my internets running just fine.
    Blake

What server are you trying to join? DAMS is the only current 24/7 server that I am aware of. I think all others are only up for planned sessions. There are no actual dedicated Run8 servers, only other users who provide the servers for use by others. I know there are some who have web sites and provide IP addresses but I don't know that those servers are up all the time. If I had different work hours and not a toddler running around I would give you my IP and see if you could sign on, but I can't just leave up a 24/7 server for everyone to use.

I hope you can get this figured out, I hate to see anyone have a bad time with Run8 but you have to be the one to make it work by following others rules or by creating your own server to run on.
    Doug B.
    Eugene, Oregon, USA - Pacific Standard Time ( - 8:00 UTC )
    3.4 ghz Intel i7-3770 quad core processor, 8 gigs RAM, 2 gig AMD Radeon HD 7850

Quote Originally Posted by UP7729 View Post
    And before you say its my internet its not,my internets running just fine.
    Hi

Your internet might appear to be running fine but connecting to a server could still be impossible.

Not knowing the history, have you been able to access any Run8 servers in the past? If not, it could be that your router or ISP is blocking access even though your internet appears to be "running fine".

GaryG

Yeah I was able to connect to DAMS and one other server just fine before all the drama got started but at this point I think I'll be better off trying to get my money back.
    Blake

I have found only one other 24/7 server, at IP 70.188.136.64 (same IP for TeamSpeak). Perhaps Blake should try that one. And if there are others. why not post them here for those who, for whatever reason, do not or cannot run at DAMS.
    Last edited by flarrfan2; 06-07-2013 at 06:49 PM.

After reinstalling Run 8 I was able to connect to that server,kind of laggy but I'll just have to deal with it.
    Blake

I replied to you over at the DAMS forum about it.

What is this other server you keep mentioning and this conspiracy you think is happening? Your were given a reason as to why you were banned there where you gave no defense except saying other didn't respect you.

If you were on my server Wednesday I assure you I did not boot you or anyone from my server. Nobody has done anything on my server that would make me suspicious.

People have actually tried to help you, but you seem destined to do nothing but blast Ralph and Run8 in general. The fact that you can post on that forum is surprising considering your attack on his reputation.

All you have done from every post is act like your entitled to everything. Just because you got banned from a session doesn't mean your evil and we are all out to get you. I certainly don't agree with everyone in Run8, but you act like there is a conspiracy against you and quite frankly I don't know who you are or what really happened.

So here is the deal. We aren't on DAMS server, I'm not affiliated with them and don't know what happened the night you got banned from their server other than what had been mentioned on the forum. So why don't you calm down, take a deep breath and try and explain what happened.

You've been on a 2nd server and couldn't get on. Was it my server? Was it someone else? Did you get the alleged communication by the dispatcher to stop the train? Who was breaking the rules against you and what did they say? I've already posted a topic on the forum about a possible explanation and that is if you were not on Teamspeak and you didn't see communication coming at you perhaps you had CTRL-TAB by mistake. That would mean their communications DID NOT get through, but yours certainly will.

Perhaps it's all a misunderstanding, or someone abused their authority (again I don't know I wasn't there). But you haven't given much details except smearing everyone and ignoring those trying to help.

I know there are inner circles and buddies who like to hang out etc. But labeling us all as a giant conspiracy is crap. Something else must be going on. The choice is yours, but let it be known people were trying to help.

Thanks

Sean