Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Stuff" missing in 2 routes

Ia ora na fa'ahou.
    Quote Originally Posted by jorgenandersen View Post
    I could suspect you're in New Zealand?
    Further east from you, but another Maori country: French Polynesia; and Ia ora na is the same as Aloha in Hawaii - hi, someway.
    To come back to your problems, it might be better looking at one route at a time; maybe first, Cajon - there are here users who know it! and, when this problem is solved, the other Arc Méditerranéen, which is travelled likely by much less people on that forum.
    Good luck.

Postscript: if your Cajon issue is solved before my return (let's hope so!),
    1) could you post the beginning of the ArcMéditerranéen.trk file: RouteID, Name, Description and FileName?
    2) a) files such as hunbuffer.s are used in many routes (even MonsonRR);
    b) quai-marron.s or mr_1607_direction_nîmes are french words (and files);
    c) sure, villanyaszlefszkivmabal.s seems to be hungarian (Google writes villa mother My parents Ground sel today left - which is not very useful); and iz_vd_ae_.../mav_... (and so on) are in Tiszántúl and Balaton.
    I'll try to download the route Arc Méditerranéen; but it's a huge .exe file: all or nothing.
    Last edited by xylonakau; 06-14-2013 at 03:10 AM. Reason: Postscript added

I have found out from friends on Oldtimerklubben.dk that the Hungarian route containing the missing stuff MAY be the Alfold route, which resides on an Italian site. I have downloaded about half of this one, the rest will have to wait until tomorrow my time, as Europe is waking up and the download speeds are dropping drastically. If this download does not fix my issues, I will post the beginning of the .trk file.

Frankoburns, I don't think I missed the Mojave extension, but it IS possible - anything is possible when you're 65!!!! Since it only costs me my own time and a few burnt electrons, I will download the whole shebang again and see what happens when I install it. Again that will have to wait until tomorrow my time, as here in the afternoon the download speeds drop.

The really marvellous thing is that downloads like this are possible at all, and that we have DSL here at the end of the world.... who would have thunk this, just a few years ago!

Thanks again guys -

Jorgen

Ia ora na fa'ahou.
    It seems that the version of the Arc Méditerranéen you have run with Route Riter is not a complete one; I downloaded and checked it, and found nearly the same issues as you did; there is another version, made of thirteen (shorter...) files, that can be downloaded here:
    http://www.activitysimulatorworld.net/PAGES_Lignes_Francaises/La_Ligne_ARCM_v3_2010.htm
    I began downloading, and, if you wish it, I'll give you tomorrow Route Riter's advice for it.
    Good travels with other routes, until this one works fine...

First of all I really have to hand it to Frankoburns, who saw what was wrong with my Cajon Pass 4 installation. After installed 4.0, 4.1 and then 4.2, like I was supposed to in the first place, everything is OK and Route Riter reports no errors. Kudos!!!

Xylonakau, I saw the route on that site and then forgot all about it and got the route from Funtrain instead. I will try to get it from that site and then see what happens. In the mean time I have succeeded in getting the Alfold route I mention and we'll see.

Thanks again -

Jorgen

After downloading and installing ARC_MEDITERRANEEN from the site Xylonakau mentioned, I'm happy to say that the problems are GONE! There's apparently chunks missing from the version available at Funtrain.

I will extend my warmest thanks and appreciation to Frankoburns and to Xylonakau.

Jorgen

Ia ora na.
    Happy end! I can also thank you, since you gave me the opportunity of downloading this route (992 MB, 11 hours...); I'll change the link in my previous post, to give the best one (a site I know very well).
    Thus, good luck and good travels.