Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I need help

Convoi is available in 7 languages (english being one of them). The issues with the DLL's for Win 7 and Win 8 have been dealt with. Mike Simpson has written an excellent tutorial on installing and setting up Convoi and it's use.
    http://convoi.pagesperso-orange.fr/convoi.htm

As I said, each editor has it's advantages...They are all better than fighting with the buggy original!
    I'm like an old SD9; It Growls, Howls & squeaks...but it will run forever!

YardMaster does display the image of the stock and consist. If you create them using Route Riter, you'll have them all. The only time it can't find the image is when a single image is used for both a loaded and empty version since YardMaster uses the name of the wag file and looks for a jpg of the same name. For those you can simply point YardMaster to the jpg file of your choice.
    Mike
    Proud Supporter of OR
    Creator of YardMaster
    "Thanks for using YardMaster"

Quote Originally Posted by jorgenandersen View Post
    Otto, I have Conbuilder v. 1.7.1. Will that be able to display images as yours does, and if so, how do you make Route Riter generate those images?
    It has been a long time since I gave Mike Simpson the idea for creating this Route Riter function:

http://webdottrainsim.wordpress.com/2005/11/13/route-riter-now-makes-thumbnail-pics-for-conbuilder/

O t t o

I tried to re-download Convoi (and the English-language manual) from the link that Frankoburns provided. There's only one version available there, v. 1.50, the manual is for v. 1.30. When I went to install Convoi, it allowed me to choose between languages, seven of them, but when I go to run the program, it's in French! I don't really think I did something wrong, but that's what happened here.

Otto, what version of Conbuilder do you have? Mine is the freeware v. 1.71, and the menu options are different from the ones showing on your screenshot, and I can't make it display the thumbnail in a separate window like your screenshot is showing.

And finally big Kudos to Mike Simpson for Route Riter! That thumbnail creation feature is really "a neat hack"!

Jorgen

Quote Originally Posted by jorgenandersen View Post

Otto, what version of Conbuilder do you have? Mine is the freeware v. 1.71, and the menu options are different from the ones showing on your screenshot, and I can't make it display the thumbnail in a separate window like your screenshot is showing.

Jorgen
    Otto has been a supporter of ConBuilder for quite a long time. He has the current version 5.5.3. There have been many bells and whistles added to ConBuilder since ver 1.7.1
    Charles

Otto, thanks for giving Mike the idea to make the thumbnail creator, and Mike, thanks for making it! It's been very handy.

Route Riter's consist editor makes it's own thumbnails on the fly, which is very nice, but if you make them all in one batch you don't have to do it again and it means displaying them is faster.

Christopher

Quote Originally Posted by crstagg View Post
    It is not a separate file. It is accessed via the Editor. Use a shortcut where the target is XXXX\train -runeditor Where XXX is the path to MSTS. Once MSTS Editor and Tools opens, select Activity Editor. From Menu choose File then New. Then Select a route to Edit. Click OK on New Activity dialog. Then under the Player Service section click on the New button. This opens the Service Editor. Now click under Consist in the middle of the Service Editor chose the Consist to edit or click the New button to create a new consist. If that is too confusing or time consuming to do then get ConBuilder from www.conbuilder.com
    What do I mean train- runeditor? Can't find it in the game folder.

Charles, thanks for your reply. I guess I'll have to mosey over to where my wallet is and get out the good ole plastic....

Jorgen

Quote Originally Posted by 11railfan View Post
    Buried in all the posts above, you got your answer - you won't find a separate program in the game folder.

To run the Editor and Tools, you need to create a shortcut which calls train.exe in the game folder, and adds in -toolset as Ottodad mentions in the second post.
    Last edited by eolesen; 06-16-2013 at 09:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 11railfan View Post
    Post #3 in THIS thread where you asked the question! Don't you read the entire thread?

https://www.trainsim.com/vbts/showth...48#post1809948

Picking & choosing replies out of a thread without reading the entire thread will confuse you.

Enjoy!
    ............Vince ..............
    ...... Author NECv4 .......
    .... LIRR BUILD PHOTOS ....
    .............LIRR VIDEO.............
    ...... Eschew Obsfucation ......

On the The Statue of Liberty in New York Harbor there is a Tablet. On it is written:
    "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
    the wretched refuse of your teeming shore, send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
    I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"