Thread: Pittsburg, Shawmut & Northern -- Olean, NY

Default Pittsburg, Shawmut & Northern -- Olean, NY

PSN_Olean_Creek1.jpg

The Shawmut Line is a new route that I am building. This screen shot is of the famous wye bridge over Olean Creek in Olean, NY (although you can't see the other leg of the wye behind the locomotive.

All buildings and scenery objects are custom made using GMAX. The locomotive and freight cars are repaints of library items. The Shawmut Vanderbilt tender is also custom made in GMAX.

Embedded is an early 1940s picture of the actual scene.

I'm using Open Rails (and MSTS Route Editor) on a Dell laptop running Windows 8 - 64bit.

(And yes, Pittsburg is spelled without the "h" on this railroad).

Ken Clark
    Manassas, VA

Looks good Ken - and - steam to boot...

Regards,
    Scott

Looks interesting. Steam era routes are a good thing to have.

Is any part of the Erie line included?
    Nick - Creator of the Virtual Railroading Review Show

Northern Virginia, United States of America

I know a few people in St. Marys PA to whom the Shawmut is the local railroading legend. One time when visiting them I slept in former Shawmut caboose #186, which they own and have restored. Looks like you've got a good start to the route.

Yes, they would be the Bauer brothers. Their father worked for the Shawmut and both now have 2' live steam railroads to play with. They each purchased a former PS&N caboose. Here's a photo of their #186 and the re-skin that I'm currently working on.

PSN 186.jpg

Very nice!

Quote Originally Posted by kclark1454 View Post
    Yes, they would be the Bauer brothers. Their father worked for the Shawmut and both now have 2' live steam railroads to play with. They each purchased a former PS&N caboose. Here's a photo of their #186 and the re-skin that I'm currently working on.
    Yep, Jimmy's been to one of them a lot and told me about it. It's called the Bucksgahuda & Western, and it's a small private railroad with two steam locomotives and four diesels. It sounds like a great place to visit, but I'm nowhere near St. Marys.

Northern Virginia, United States of America

Yeah, I know the Bauers (made their acquantance at the NRHS Railcamp in 2011) and have visted the Bucksgahuda & Western a few times. I'm actually trying to re-created the Bucksgahuda & Western for MSTS. I doubt I'll release it, but I did post a few screenshots once last year in a small thread I titled "Happy Shawmut Day" as that day was the rairoad's last steam up day of the year which is often called Shawmut Day.

Nice 186 there.
    Last edited by fleegle411; 06-17-2013 at 02:07 AM.