Thread: Installed On Win 8 per Steam4Me site. MSTS Folder GONE

Default Installed On Win 8 per Steam4Me site. MSTS Folder GONE

Using Steam4Me instructions installed the main program on Win 8 64 bit. Used C:/MSTS for installation folder. Then installed the 1.4 patch, the two other additional engines and cars. The renamed the uninstall file to msts_uninstall. Finally make a copy of the GLOBAL folder and pasted it to the MSTS folder. Then everything disappeared. The entire MSTS folder and all its folders and files GONE.

Tried sfc /scannow and nothing found.

Jay Beckham

Gd morning Jay,Anything you unintentionally deleted will go into the Recycle bin. Have you looked there?

I also suggest you run a search on you system for the train.exe file.

What is sfc /scannow please?
    ............Vince ..............
    ...... Author NECv4 .......
    .... LIRR BUILD PHOTOS ....
    ...... Eschew Obsfucation ......

On the The Statue of Liberty in New York Harbor there is a Tablet. On it is written:
    "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
    the wretched refuse of your teeming shore, send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
    I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post

What is sfc /scannow please?
    http://www.microsoft.com/resources/d....mspx?mfr=true ]

BTW Using SFC /scannow did nothing to find MSTS. From the URL above all that the Scannow does is Scan protected system files.
    Last edited by crstagg; 06-17-2013 at 11:27 AM.
    Charles

Hi Guys
    I searched all over the place and no sign.
    So I started over using the guide and skipped the copy/paste bit and all is fine. After a system backup I will attempt to copy the Global folder but paste it somewhere other than the MSTS folder.

The very helpful Steam4Me is a great asset. I just think I pasted in error. I have had in Win 8 some issues with paste in other areas.

Thanks, Jay

PS Looking for Rapid Transit add/ins for MSTS particularly the CTA route(s) I had seen years ago.