RTS Run8 MP Session Needles Sub
Sunday, June 23, 2013
19:30 EDT (23:30 UT) to 03:30 EDT (07:30 UT)
173.238.247.145 (no password)

System clock to be set June 23, 2013, 05:30

http://railroadtransportationsimulator.webs.com contains links to the following information. The first 27 trains either on the territory or pending (to become available as the session progresses) is listed on the top of the home page. Trains are awarded before the session by bid, or during the session on a first come first serve basis. It is updated through out the session dynamically and any details for crew changes on what track as well as any bids before or requests after the session starts will be updated here. Think of it like an arrival board you would see at a train station or an airport.

https://groups.google.com/d/msg/run8...k/IgMpefIVrIgJ is a list of rules for both Mojave and Needles sessions Updated June 16, 2013. If you haven't read this after this date you are required to check it out. The information is here and I ask that you refer to it before asking questions covered in it.

This has the potential of being one of the biggest sessions I've ever hosted. 7 trains are on the territory right now with 43 trains slowly coming into play every few minutes at the start of the session. I will spawn pending departures about 15 minutes prior to the call time (indicated on home page by the sim clock). Those trains coming into Barstow or Needles for their crew change will approach the crew change listed about 15 minutes prior to the call time.

There is a system in development and may be ready for testing Sunday that I call an AI spawning system. In a nut shell what this means is I intend to run all 50 trains regardless of who shows up. The way I vision AI is a replacement for humans who don't show not those who do. The spawning system under development will spawn a train to strategic locations as if it was moving. This is done by removing trains from the world and spawning them further up. Trains not in the world but in theory moving will show the engineer type as AI Spawn. If someone is looking for a crew change I can arrange for this to take place on the fly as well.

Keep in mind also only about 10-25% of the actual trains that run this area come with consists pre-built in Run8. This is why you may see names your not familiar with on the home page. Though I have a random selection process, I have been manually building each of these trains which can take up to an hour to go through this process. I'm looking at automating this process as well soon, but rest assured I will make sure all 50 trains are indeed available Sunday. Only trains that I can verify in the 2010 data, with a picture or record have been included.

Sessions are dispatched by text, however I encourage you to use a public teamspeak server if you wish to stay in contact with your friends. Signal calls are not required thus very little communication is required on my end. Because I'm dispatching, and running these systems on a server I ask that you tone the dispatcher when ever possible. Recent experience in dispatching a busy server with teamspeak showed how difficult it is to monitor text with lots going on. This is why I ask that you follow the rules and communicate in text for dispatch requests. Your participation in this matter is greatly appreciated.

If there is anything you don't understand again please ask ahead of time if possible. Any questions is best asked before the session via email or forums. I'm also open to suggestions and opinions when the server is down. Remember, I do not monitor email during a session. However if something is unclear as a last resort you can always ask via text in session. I'm often multi-tasking during a session so I appreciate you adhering to these simple requests regarding communication.

Next available Mojave session Wednesday, June 26th
Next available Needles session Sunday, June 30th

Thanks

Sean