Thread: Can I use Raildriver and Keyboard at the same time for Run8?

Question Can I use Raildriver and Keyboard at the same time for Run8?

Hi guys, I am wondering if it is possible to use the raildriver unit and the keyboard controls at the same time while playing Run8.

The reason I am wondering is that the small horn lever on my RD unit is close to breaking. It broke off a few months ago and I was able to fix it, but one small piece meant for triggering the horn was broken off. And now it feels like the other small piece is going to break soon as well.

So I thought, could it be possible to use the raildriver for the train controls, and the keyboard for the horn(spacebar triggers the horn).

Uchuu Senkan Yaamaatoo~
    --Anime Fan, Railfan, Aviation Fan, Aerospace fan, Amateur Astronomer, History Buff--
    Youtube Channel-- https://www.youtube.com/user/Amtrak712

Don't know about Run8, but works on MSTS
    Glenn Duba
    Cinnaminson, NJ

widger Guest

Just contact support for the people who make raildriver and they will send you a new one. My horn toggle button fell of during storage, and all they asked was for a mailing address to send the replacement part to. Took maybe 3 or 4 days from when they put it in the mailbox until it was in my house. You shouldn't have a problem getting a replacement. They snap right in and then you are problem free!

Quote Originally Posted by widger View Post
    Just contact support for the people who make raildriver and they will send you a new one. My horn toggle button fell of during storage, and all they asked was for a mailing address to send the replacement part to. Took maybe 3 or 4 days from when they put it in the mailbox until it was in my house. You shouldn't have a problem getting a replacement. They snap right in and then you are problem free!
    So I sent the guys at raildriver an email through the website. So hopefully they will respond soon. Thanks for the suggestion!

Uchuu Senkan Yaamaatoo~
    --Anime Fan, Railfan, Aviation Fan, Aerospace fan, Amateur Astronomer, History Buff--
    Youtube Channel-- https://www.youtube.com/user/Amtrak712