Thread: corrupt exe.

Default corrupt exe.

hello, Kernel. i just tried to download the new version 4.9.7 of the simulator. i got this result 3 times. thank you in advance.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hello nickol,

Did you download the file by accessing this link (official)? : http://dev.zdsimulator.com.ua/downlo...7_setup_en.exe

Thing is it's the first time we hear about this problem, yet it appears to work after hundreds of downloads (I have just tested it myself). It could have something to do with the version of Windows you are using? Noticed the description in the lower right corner.
    ZDSimulator Developer Team
    www.zdsimulator.eu

If Windows is having activation problems, it goes into "reduced functionality" mode. It may be affecting the installer's ability to run. I'd suggest you first try to get Windows working correctly, then attempt installing again.

MSTS-Roundhouse

With Open Rails and ZDSimulator
    Info

Quote Originally Posted by Kernell View Post
    Hello nickol,

Did you download the file by accessing this link (official)? : http://dev.zdsimulator.com.ua/downlo...7_setup_en.exe

Thing is it's the first time we hear about this problem, yet it appears to work after hundreds of downloads (I have just tested it myself). It could have something to do with the version of Windows you are using? Noticed the description in the lower right corner.
    i tried downloading again from the hyperlink you have provided. it still is saying the file is corrupt. the notation on the lower right is meaningless. my norton 360 spyware is saying it is corrupt. i have downloaded a number of programs, one this past sunday (Maxon4D). that is a 3D modelling program 2.25 gigs large with no adverse affects. thanks for the reply.
    Last edited by nickol; 07-02-2013 at 03:51 PM.

Have you tried temporarily turning off Norton 360? AV/Antispyware applications occasionally get in the way of legitimate downloads.

MSTS-Roundhouse

With Open Rails and ZDSimulator
    Info

Quote Originally Posted by EricF View Post
    Have you tried temporarily turning off Norton 360? AV/Antispyware applications occasionally get in the way of legitimate downloads.
    hi ericF. no i haven't. i will try tomorrow. thanks.