Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Update 7-13-2013

Default New Update 7-13-2013

New updates up and also over at the run8depot a new version 4b of the ED
    Work Safe play hard

Some pretty neat added features including random diesel engine failures. It's been awhile since I've had a chance to run but hopefully tonight.

And for those with both Needles and Mojave Subs, there is seamless movement of trains through the "overlay" zone between the routes...not separate routes at all, thanks to the Shift F1 Other tab merge route function.

May be a glitch with latest update. At my end the use of the default DS panel F3 once clicked a second time will not come back out of DS panel. Only way to get back to the playing world is to click at N/R. others may wish to test.

Very Cool. So if I got this right now I'm running both on the same port. Probably the best update to date, very well done.

I lost some of my saved world on Mojave (merged it into Needles since I'm working on that lately), but it was perfect timing with my recent reset.

Those engine failures looking forward to as well.

Thanks

Sean

Quote Originally Posted by scottmartin View Post
    May be a glitch with latest update. At my end the use of the default DS panel F3 once clicked a second time will not come back out of DS panel. Only way to get back to the playing world is to click at N/R. others may wish to test.
    Use the ESC key to exit the F3 DS board
    Work Safe play hard

Well the best train simulator on the planet just got better in my opinion. It's kind of funny 24 hours prior no knowing what was coming down the pipe (though someone was nice enough to let me know last night) I went back to a 24/7 server for at least the rest of the summer. I was scared at managing my resources running a server full time again especially on 2 routes. But I figured I had nothing to lose in the move, and I wanted to focus on developing my stuff for the sim. This made my life a whole lot easier. I also noticed the entire day that the resource management of the sim ran better than I've seen in a long time. No missing shapes that I had to report, and I honestly didin't feel the need to reboot the server at all before I call it a night.

Thanks

Sean

Thank You Dale & Others for the heads-up here & other spots during the night.
    Default DS panel closure had me scratching the old noggin for a spell.

Came to a "how do I do this moment?" this evening in the new update. If your running a server or plan on running a session with the merged routes there is a little trick that works for me. I'm not sure if it't the proper way, but it was out of trial and error.

One cool thing about this version is you will be able to load and save trains on BOTH merged routes. I assume the technology may evolve for more than 3 routes and beyond at some point. But then you come to the point where you want to save it all, and bring it back in.

Most who are familiar with loading a world in the past would simply select the world on the start up screen and load it in. However with the new merged worlds that isn't going to cut it because you have to merge the routes again before you load this. So what I did was I loaded Needles first and selected a crew change point. This is opposite to testing (load Mojave first) and I can report everything seems fine.

When you have completed the merge then load in the save file where ever you saved it to. For me I now call it RTS SYSTEM and save it on Needles (but you can name it whatever you want, or save it where you want). I wouldn't make 2 versions on each route though. Once you go to load the save file in it loads everything back for you.

Saving your world before a shutdown is like before, except once again you want to remember what route your storing it in. It will save the contents of both routes.

Thanks

Sean