Thread: Enjoying yardworks at Barstow

Default Enjoying yardworks at Barstow

Run8 works very well as a yardwork sim as well. When you walk (and run) beside your train and between consists, the world looks a bit different than from a helicopter view. It feels a noisy and dangerous place to be, the feeling is very immersive. I like it! Maybe one day I join multiplayer sessions, but Run8 works as a single player sim too, and on a yard it is more like real than any other train driving simulator. ( and I play all of those "big brands" on market since 2001 ) Other sims feel like too tidy and easy after Run8 yard experience. Just my humble opinion. I'm not a real railroader, this is just a gamers view.
    Cheers!

Nice observation. What the yards miss are clutter,garbage, and dis-guarded pieces of junk/scrap.
    Way too clean and tidy.
    Interested in all Train-Sims

Quote Originally Posted by dejoh View Post
    Nice observation. What the yards miss are clutter,garbage, and dis-guarded pieces of junk/scrap.
    Way too clean and tidy.
    I think we can live quite happily without that level of unnecessary detail.
    It's a loco/train sim, not a "let's clean this mess up!" simulation.

BK
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by seagoon View Post
    I think we can live quite happily without that level of unnecessary detail.
    It's a loco/train sim, not a "let's clean this mess up!" simulation.

BK
    It's been my anecdotal observation in visiting all 48 contiguous states and observing RR's in most of them that western roads tend to have newer yards which are kept in better order as opposed to eastern roads, and especially those in the northeast.

Yeah I miss switching Bakersfield and Mojave lately. Too busy trying to program to get Barstow fully operational.

Personally I love how Run8 handles yards as well as resources around other objects. Hope to have some serious fun real soon.

Thanks

Sean