Thread: msts2kml issue

Question msts2kml issue

I need some help in getting the 'msts2kml' program from the file library working.

I have installed it and edited and verified the paths in msts2kml.ini.

When I launch it I open the tile I want to texture and then when I hit the 'CapTerrTex' button Google Earth will come up and jump to the correct coordinates and start moving around like it's trying to create screenshots. The problem is that once Google Earth exits it turns out nothing was created.

Is 'msts2kml' supposed to put the textures in the route's 'TERRTEX' directory? Or somewhere else? Am I following the correct steps?

This utility sounds very useful if one could get it working.

If it's set up similar to the Solution for Real Terrain program that used to be floating around, it probably needs a specific version of google earth. If you can download the Solution for Real Terrain program, I actually just received a response from the creator of that program informing me that google earth 6.1 or earlier is required to be able to actually capture the google earth images.

I was able to get the "Solution for Real Terrain" program to generate textures but the problem is that it did not join the screenshots together properly. You could see visible misalignment in the textures that it generated. The other problem is that I could only get textures in low resolutions like 1 texture per tile in 1024 and 2048 pixels.

cbff33,
    Does the creator of "Solution for Real Terrain" have an update that fixes the texture misalignment issue?
    Last edited by JBrownCS; 07-27-2013 at 06:14 AM.

Hi,
    I may be wrong here, but isn't msts2kml a program which converts MSTS mkr files to their equivalent Google Earth kml files?
    Nothing to do with textures!

Cheers,
    Ged

I have a program which does take a MKR to KML and v.v., but that's not what's being discussed. This program being discussed takes the Google Earth imagery and creates Terrtex. I had it working two years ago, but as already mentioned, it may be tied to the Google Earth version that was out at the time.

I've also had a hard time manipulating the interface with my own C# created tools, so perhaps they've tightened things up to prevent others from borrowing their imagery...

Hi,
    My apologies I should have looked at the ini file!

Cheers,
    Ged