Thread: Where is the train consist file goes after created in Conbuilder?

Question Where is the train consist file goes after created in Conbuilder?

This evening I created one of the train consist in the program of Conbuilder and remember that I run in Windows 7 now not Windows XP. I had no problem to create with two locomotives and 25 autoracks for one of the route that I need to replace the missing train consist. When that's done in Conbuilder and checked the train consist to see if it's there. The name of train consist is NS C40-8 #8704.con. To my surprise that the train consist is not in the folder of CONSISTS in TRAINS in the program of Train Simulator and I don't know where it went? But see the consist file in Conbuilder when I clicked " Consists " to load consist and see the list with this train consist that I created. Any idea where is the consist file sitting in the computer somewhere in the hard drive.

Your help would be appreciated!

Smile,

John

You didn't set your main MSTS folder to READ/WRITE! You MUST ALSO RUN CONBUILDER AS AN ADMINISTRATOR! This was all outlined to you yesterday. Windows 7 will not allow you to write or save files to those folders otherwise! Since you didn't install MSTS according to the tutorial posted at Steam4me and here, you will have these issues continuously! Part of that tutorial involved setting your folder permissions! It also involved NOT installing to the PROGRAM FILES folder. It NEVER hurts to follow advice freely given by those who know FAR more than you!
    Last edited by frankoburns; 07-22-2013 at 08:47 PM.
    I'm like an old SD9; It Growls, Howls & squeaks...but it will run forever!

John, Frank is right. I don't have Win7 but Vista on my laptop is the same way. Please do read the link in the other post in MSTS forum about steam4me tutorial for Window 7 installation.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [URL="https://www.facebook.com/ken.plaza.9"]My Facebook Page
    [/URL][URL="http://jeffreywimberly.proboards.com/"]Rails of the World Forum
    [/URL][URL="http://frankoburns.proboards.com/"]Mophouse-MLTDownloads Froum[/URL]

Frank and Ken -- Yes I did read that information few times at the site of Steam4me and guess that I did not do it properly to install the program of Train Simulator. I will have to start all over again and hopefully will do it this time right.

Thank you,

John

But see the consist file in Conbuilder when I clicked " Consists " to load consist and see the list with this train consist that I created.

John, if you can see your new consist in ConBuilder then you were successful in creating it.

In ConBuilder click on the OPTIONS tab at the top, then click on PATH.

This will or should show the TRAINSET folder being used. The consist folder is where it should be. If the file name and the display name are the same you should be able to see it. If the names are different it may show up under either name, but not both. I have mini routes and sometimes I forget to change the path so it saves to the proper route.

John

I find that it is just as quick to use the Windows Explorer to go to the Consist folder where the file has been created and then copy the file into the route/trains/consist folder/s where it should be rather than switching Conbilder back and forth. Many times the new consist file may be usable for more than one route since I, like many others, am using Mini-routes.

Bob Edwards