Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Adjusting a routes height for merger.

Default Adjusting a routes height for merger.

Greetings,

After searching in vain on the forum, I figured I would try here. I am in the process of trying merger Don Karch's Moffat Route with his Glenwood Springs - Grand Junction Route. After preparing both routes doing the merge, the GS - GJ portion is several hundred feet above the Moffat Tunnel Portion. I have heard about the route height function in Route Riter (which I have) however I haven't been able to find any information about how to use it's function for this purpose. Any feedback would greatly appreciated.

Ia ora na.
    It's a TSUtil function called adjh. You'll find how it can be used in the 16th section of TsUtil_en.txt (called Change global Height-Definition of a Route), or in Anpassen der Hoehendefinitionen einer Strecke of TsUtil_de.txt if you prefer the german version ; the both files are in the \RouteRiter\TSUtil folder.
    Good reading and good luck.
    Last edited by xylonakau; 08-04-2013 at 01:04 AM.

xylonakau,

Thanks for that information, I read it over ran the function in Route Riter. However I believe I must have done something wrong as all the terrain is gone. When I run the Route Editor all the buildings, tracks, roads scenery, etc load up but sit in an endless white void. Any idea as to I may have done to cause this?

ELEVATION OFFSET:

MSTS can't handle terrain higher than about 3500 meters. Therefore, those who build routes in the Colorado Rockies normally lower the route's terrain to avoid that problem. For those who might try to combine routes, or copy portions of one route into another, the following information is provided:

Rollins Pass/Moffat Tunnel Route, C&S NG South Park Line, and the Colorado Joint Line have an elevation offset of -1525 meters. That puts Denver just above sea level, but puts Pueblo below sea level.

Bob Wirth's Tennessee Pass Route has an elevation offset of -1200 meters.

The Glenwood Springs-Grand Junction Route has an elevation offset of -1325 meters.

Don Karch Cripple Creek Railroads Route (CS&CCD, MT, F&CC)
    Rollins Pass/Moffat Tunnel Route V5 (Denver to Craig and Glenwood Springs)
    D&RGW Glenwood Spgs-Grand Jct Route and Colorado Joint Line, Denver-Pueblo
    C&S Narrow Gauge South Park Line/Colorado Midland SG/D&RG NG and SG

Yup to what Don said.

All of my Colorado routes have std terrain lowered by -1500 meters.

Ia ora na.
    I'm sorry for that issue. As I never had used this function, I tried it in Route Riter (with a very short route : Alan Heath's Tuneg); with the same result as you had: a large white void, and no tile blue line in RE.
    But the last two messages attest it can be done; thus, a new attempt directly with the Dos command:
    Code:
    java TSUtil -lC:\Logdat.log adjh -c m:\ts_trav\routes\tuneg 5.5
    And that was fine:
    ADJH.JPG
    I hope it will also work for you. Good luck.
    Last edited by xylonakau; 08-05-2013 at 06:37 PM.

Thanks everyone for their replies, the information is really helpful. I hope I can make this project work.

Okay so I hit another road block. Xylonakau, I am not to familiar with MS-Dos codes, could you please elaborate on what I need to do? If anyone else has any thoughts or comments please feel free to share, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

I must be missing something. Why would anyone want to mess around with DOS codes in the first place? Just click on the button that says Change Route Altitude.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Don Karch Cripple Creek Railroads Route (CS&CCD, MT, F&CC)
    Rollins Pass/Moffat Tunnel Route V5 (Denver to Craig and Glenwood Springs)
    D&RGW Glenwood Spgs-Grand Jct Route and Colorado Joint Line, Denver-Pueblo
    C&S Narrow Gauge South Park Line/Colorado Midland SG/D&RG NG and SG

Don I tried that already but when I do that all the terrain textures disappear. The tracks are lowered to the right height but everything exists in a giant white void. Have you heard of this problem and/or do you know what may fix it? Any info would be helpful. Thanks