Thread: Run8 not loading on Windows 8, i really hope i didnt waste 40 dollars.

Default Run8 not loading on Windows 8, i really hope i didnt waste 40 dollars.

Hey guys im having a problem running, Run8, it gives me a "Run 8 has stopped working" Error.

my computer specs are as follows and i have installed it to my C drive, rather than in Program Files or Program Files(x86)

Operating System Windows 8 64 bit factory install
    AMD Qaud Core A6-5200 APU, 2.00GHz (will be upgrading eventually)
    Radeon HD Graphics 8400 (will be upgrading)
    6 Gigs of RAM
    500 GB Hard Drive.

infact i cant get any game ive installed to load. Trainz 2009 included, all that does is try to do the database thing everytime you start it up, and even when its done it doesnt load.

Did you install XNA3.1? if no yet run the file "xnafx31_redist.msi" in "\Run 8 Train Simulator" folder.

Your graphic (chipset?) has half of performance of recommended vídeo card (GeForce 440 1MB VRAM). Check and compare here:
    http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/mid_range_gpus.html

Cheers,
    Doc.

Because your having issue with Trainz as well I would imagine it's your video card as Doc mentioned. As far as I know XNA is not in Trainz as I don't require installing it before I purchased it a couple years ago. My video card is about 300% of the minimum score on the benchmark site and to be honest I probably should of went with something better. But I am pleased for what I got that is for sure.

Thanks

Sean

I've always wondered why folks buy something then say it won't work when they themselves know they have a hardware combo that is below recommended by software producers.I have my ideas but they might not be liked by all.
    Work Safe play hard

Quote Originally Posted by peterbilt359x View Post
    infact i cant get any game ive installed to load. Trainz 2009 included, all that does is try to do the database thing everytime you start it up, and even when its done it doesnt load.
    From what you are saying in that sentence, I would think it's not the games, it's possibly your Windows installation is corrupt, perhaps a corrupted file system, perhaps a virus problem or maybe a hardware problem. The "database thing" description is not descriptive enough to give me any idea of what you mean.

GaryG

I don't know what he means by the database thing (if that is specific to Trainz). He might be talking about where the operating system tries to contact Microsoft and report the error to their database. Based on his graphics and the "Run 8 Stopped Working" message he is going to need a better graphics card regardless. I got the same messages on older chip sets as well in the past with Trainz. Even my last computer couldn't handle Run8 with the chip set I had then.

Thanks

Sean

Actually run 8 runs quite well with light bloom, anti aliasing etc all on, the real problem was the XNA didnt download completely and it was set to run as admin as i though i had done.

Works great on my Win 8