Thread: Norton 360 doesn't like latest R8 upgrades.

Default Norton 360 doesn't like latest R8 upgrades.

Hi guys,
    Has anybody had trouble with Norton 360 antivirus app. deleting the latest upgrades when you try to run them. I've tried turning everything off on Norton but it keeps deleting it as soon as I double click it. I used to have no trouble with the upgrades up until 07132013. My OS is Windows 7.
    Cheers,
    Gerry

I've used Norton for a long while, but since couple years ago I stuck with Avast, it's safe, easier to use (more friendly interface and features' controls). Regardless of the antivírus program you own you need to go deeper in the Manual, that's the way things goes now a days with such bad people around trying to mess our computers.

Cheers,
    Doc.
    Last edited by MachinistBrazil; 08-04-2013 at 10:27 PM.

This is just a very wild assumption, but it could think Run8 is spyware. Why I say that is I noticed the Run8 website always updates with a number of sessions run since August of last year. I don't know how they get that number as I imagine it is legit. But I did notice through some IP tracking that the program does send data to an IP address on it's own. Perhaps Norton 360 detects the program pings an IP address and is giving off a false alarm. The Microsoft security does not have this issue, and I don't have Norton 360.

Just a hunch, but they got to be getting these numbers from some place.

Thanks

Sean

I'm using Viper and haven't had any trouble yet. I gave up Norton 360 due to it taxing my processor too much. That was my last computer though. But Viper is working well for me with no interference to any other programs.
    Doug B.
    Eugene, Oregon, USA - Pacific Standard Time ( - 8:00 UTC )
    3.4 ghz Intel i7-3770 quad core processor, 8 gigs RAM, 2 gig AMD Radeon HD 7850

Kapersky also complained and quarantined it.
    Dave

Thanks folks for your replies. It seems that windows hadn't completed some updates and when I logged on tonight, it completed them. So all is well again. Computers !!!!!!!!!!
    Cheers,
    Gerry