Thread: Switching cabs?

Default Switching cabs?

I've been looking for the answer for this for a while now and have come up with nothing. When you are running a train with multiple engines is there any way to enter the cabs of the other engines? I've poured over the provided key chart and haven't found any hint there either, so I'm either missing something completely or it isn't possible. I imagine I'm just missing something here so could someone please help me out? Thanks in advance!

Sure! Just dismount from the lead unit and walk up to the steps of a trailing unit. Use the F11 key to mount the steps. Then press F11 till you're in the cab. The key will rotate you around all the normal viewing positions on the unit. You will not be able to view the MFD screens.

Quote Originally Posted by doc1057 View Post
    Sure! Just dismount from the lead unit and walk up to the steps of a trailing unit. Use the F11 key to mount the steps. Then press F11 till you're in the cab. The key will rotate you around all the normal viewing positions on the unit. You will not be able to view the MFD screens.
    I knew it had to be something easy like that. Thanks for the help!

Glad it worked for you Paul and the solution was simple.
    Work Safe play hard

Quote Originally Posted by aygov View Post
    When you are running a train with multiple engines is there any way to enter the cabs of the other engines?
    Yes, there is a way to "enter" any engine cab (or even hope any car): go to the ground view (F12) and then go close to the step and hit F11. However you are just "entering" the cab, meaning you can not neither control the train from there nor see the MFD screens (because you are already in the control of say the lead engine).
    To change control of train from lead engine to any other engine you want: relinquish and then click in the engine you want to control.

Doc.

Edited after I posted: I hadn't seen the other replies....
    Last edited by MachinistBrazil; 08-06-2013 at 11:29 AM.