Thread: Weights of loads

Default Weights of loads

Think I asked this before but don't recall getting a response, so I'll ask again months later.

At one point in time selecting random would give you a load but at a random weight. I believe for a while now it will either give you 1 of 2 different loads or empty. Though this is probably better than having totally random weights that can fluctuate quite a bit, I rather control my loads and empties by the actual waybills used.

Having said that I'm curious as to what is typical. I believe the full load gives you full capacity. Now I understand most cars are fully loaded as far as space and few if any are LTL (less than car load). But the commodities I would think tend to weigh more depending what is in them.

So now that random gives 2 possible loads is this common? Right now I'm working on the random routines for RTS and I'm tempted to just leave it at it's max. I'm curious what a typical weight vs tonnage capacity of the car is on an average load. I'm also curious if this is even noticeable or if it fluctuates quite a bit depending on the commodity being shipped.

Thanks

Sean

Quick bump of this thread to see if I can get any responses. I've included this and other questions regarding HPT minimums etc. over on the general forum https://www.trainsim.com/vbts/showth...53#post1818853 to see if I can get some more responses.

Thanks

Sean