Thread: Train Spawning Questions

Question Train Spawning Questions

I have owned Run8 since the day it was released, and I love using it.

I recently purchased the Needles Sub, and I am having a lot of fun with it.

Here is the problem, I want to run a Amtrak train on the Needles sub, but out of the few Amtrak consists, there is only 1 that starts at Barstow and has a locomotive facing east. (It's the consist where there are two Amtrak Locomotives and there are only 4 passenger cars. One locomotive is on the head-end facing west, the other is in the rear of the train, facing east.)

Sure I can start at Bakersfield and make my way to Barstow eastbound, but I don't want to start at Bakersfield, I want to start at Barstow and head east from there with the Amtrak consist that has both locomotives on the front, facing east.

So my questions are-

1. Can I flip a consist around?

2. Can I make my own consist?

Uchuu Senkan Yaamaatoo~
    --Anime Fan, Railfan, Aviation Fan, Aerospace fan, Amateur Astronomer, History Buff--
    Youtube Channel-- https://www.youtube.com/user/Amtrak712

If you want to save yourself some hassle you can download A3 & A4 off of my home page. It's totally open to the public. The list is not in alphabetical order so you have to search for it near the top of the call list. Times aren't showing due to a bug I introduced last night. Since it's a daily it shows up every day.

The train maker upper can also be used as well. I believe there is a message in this forum here on it. If you try making long trains on S curves your going to have issues though, as I've found recently when surveying 10000 foot sections at Needles.

All the data I've collected for Needles and Cajon now are in my software. It's randomly calling waybills for each train, and determining the power needed for that train. Just have to modify the output routines I already had going from before and there should be plenty more trains available new on a daily basis. The Amtrak trains I'm keeping with the ones I have without any other random factors.

Thanks

Sean

In my sim, I have a Amtrak_SwCheif3_EB that spawns at Barstow station headed to Needles and I'm quite sure that it came with Needles and/or Amtrak.
    Last edited by Ralph_L; 08-08-2013 at 05:02 PM.

Also look at this thread. It will help get you started on making your own consist
    https://www.trainsim.com/vbts/showth...in+maker+upper

I believe a couple of the sessions provided with Needles have Amtrak trains in them as well. One of them should get you going east the way you want. Ultimately, though, you will probably be best off to build your own just the way you want it. See above post ↑
    Doug B.
    Eugene, Oregon, USA - Pacific Standard Time ( - 8:00 UTC )
    3.4 ghz Intel i7-3770 quad core processor, 8 gigs RAM, 2 gig AMD Radeon HD 7850

I didn't get any sessions with Amtrak trains that go eastbound. However I figured out how to make my own consists, so thanks for the help!

Uchuu Senkan Yaamaatoo~
    --Anime Fan, Railfan, Aviation Fan, Aerospace fan, Amateur Astronomer, History Buff--
    Youtube Channel-- https://www.youtube.com/user/Amtrak712

The Run 8 Spring session that comes w/ Needles has the Southwest Chief parked near Lenwood on the Cajon sub. Teleport there and then you can run this train east off the Cajon into Barstow thence onto Needles. For westbound Amtrak starting at Needles, I made my own consist.

Save it at Lenwood, then run to the Barstow Amtrak station and save it there. Be sure to put the location along with the train name in the title when you save them.