Thread: RTS Random Consist Generator

Default RTS Random Consist Generator

I was a little hesitant to post this because I thought I was close to getting this done a few days ago. That was certainly underestimated as I required at least another 18 hours of programming to get it to where it is now.

As I post this I'm headed for bed at 5:30am and Wednesday is generally the most open day I have in the week. At this point nothing is online yet, however testing is going good. I'm now beginning to generate random trains but still working on the output routine. For the moment this is only the lead unit, however all random IM cars are being called properly. It is calculating the proper tonnage and power requirements as well as power configurations for DPU's etc. Because these posts are moderated it takes some time before they get up so with that being said my goal is to get this working by prime time tomorrow on my site. Any issues or updates will be posted right on the comments section of the home page.

At the moment I have 13 unique Q trains being called up by the routine for processing. Depending on how busy it gets tomorrow I'll either keep adding more trains to the mix (which will be a matter of minutes not hours compared to the coding). I could even go as far as getting the EB's out of Lenwood and Bakersfield in place. The code will already be there it's just a matter of testing.

Again the primary goal though is to have at least those 13 IM trains available for download. I'll add to this as more info comes available, but again due to the delay of the post to the forum you may want to check the website by Wednesday evening for the latest.

Thanks

Sean

Well looks like I was a bit over confident again. Hasn't been a good day thus far trying to debug issues. I'll wait until I have this up for sure next time but prime time is not looking good for tonight.

Thanks

Sean

OK finally slayed the beast and the links are going up in the next 15 minutes or so. Think I'll run a train end to end to celebrate the occasion. At the moment they are only 13 IM trains generated daily (new car counts, power, cars, etc). The hard part is now over, it will be a matter of time before all trains are available (simple matter of filling in the waybill database).

Currently the only 2 bugs at the moment are as follows:

1) they are temporarily hard coded to use the full double stack amount. Simply hit fill train to get the correct amount (this will be dealt with at a later time)

2) They are all spawning on Needles 3 so my next step is to get the trains to start spawning on proper tracks etc. which is already coded in.

At the moment domestic trains and international are not differentiated. This is because from what I can see there are only 2 domestic cars currently available. Once we have more domestic cars down the road I'll restrict it properly, but for now I felt leaving international containers in the mix at all times was the best way to keep it fresh.

Enjoy

Sean

Now generating 33 IM symbols from both Needles and Cajon Sub between Lenwood and Barstow. Previous bugs mentioned have been fixed though the loads are defaulting to double stack loads at this time (even if a single stack is generated). Had to reduce the max cars from 130 to 128 to avoid a nasty stretch of short track segments. So the 10000 footers are maxed a few hundred feet short of this.

Had a fun time tonight doing the final tests while Scott was bringing one of the generated WB's into Barstow. Just two people on the server at the time. I kept bringing the generated trains one by one off of Cajon up to Pisgah, crew change, and inspection yard.

Next step is to add in Bakersfield and UP to the waybill database and test. Other car types will slowly be integrated after that with testing. Then it's on to the virtual hump at Barstow. Finally once that is in place the locals will have their system back up, with the added automation to fill in crew shortages.

Good times to come.

Sean