Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1st anniversary

Default 1st anniversary

Anyone knows when is Run 8's first anniversary the 24th or the 26th?
    ~Daniel C.
    https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-yFEoH9dxyJY/Ue5v1pvqQYI/AAAAAAAAAvY/sCO5IuWVJVo/w300-h106-no/RWA+Signature+2.jpg

24th.... WOW One year now?! it has past fast! and nice, very nice indeed!

Dang it!! I was going to make my first anniversary live stream on Monday. Oh well lol. Maybe next year. I'll be live streaming Sunday and Monday this week sometime after 5 pm est. Will let everyone know. Think you can make it Doc?
    ~Daniel C.
    https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-yFEoH9dxyJY/Ue5v1pvqQYI/AAAAAAAAAvY/sCO5IuWVJVo/w300-h106-no/RWA+Signature+2.jpg

Run8 was released on Saturday, Aug. 25, 2012...I remember well the three hours or so I spent that morning trying to get a train moving from Bakersfield. Later that night I arrived in Barstow, the next night I jumped into MP, and here we are a year later!

Happy Birthday
    A year redefining the railsim world! A fantastic job continuing the progress...
    Thank you guys.

I was fortunate enough to have been part of the beta all last summer. Can't believe my server has been up for a year (sessions and 24/7 at different times).

Run8 has come a long way.

Thanks

Sean

does anyone think that the reefers and/or the sd40s will be released on the 24th?

Quote Originally Posted by flarrfan2 View Post
    Run8 was released on Saturday, Aug. 25, 2012...I remember well the three hours or so I spent that morning trying to get a train moving from Bakersfield. Later that night I arrived in Barstow, the next night I jumped into MP, and here we are a year later!
    I said 24th due to a post from staff I received, but the file date is 25th and Yeah! I also had a hard Saturday evening, more than 2 hours to start moving the train, and I had read all of the "pre-manual" docs on website three times along that week before the release!

If its on the 25th, then I'm okay. I'm soo confused right now. I read from Google looking for Run 8 and said released on the 26th. Idk weather is on the 26th or not.
    ~Daniel C.

Quote Originally Posted by csx2057 View Post
    If its on the 25th, then I'm okay. I'm soo confused right now. I read from Google looking for Run 8 and said released on the 26th. Idk weather is on the 26th or not.
    I remember very clearly, it was the 25th. I do not know if it was world wide or per time zone but I purchased it at 12:03 am on August 25th 2012.

And, yes, it took me a couple hours to get my train moving as well. In fact it took me a half an hour just to get in the cab, LOL.

What a great sim and what a great year with all the addons and upgrades. The constant improvement by the Run8 team is one of the best things about this sim aside from how realistic the physics are for a computer sim.
    Doug B.
    Eugene, Oregon, USA - Pacific Standard Time ( - 8:00 UTC )
    3.4 ghz Intel i7-3770 quad core processor, 8 gigs RAM, 2 gig AMD Radeon HD 7850