Thread: Train goes to where in Barstow Yard

Default Train goes to where in Barstow Yard

Well this is a good place to start. While I'm still new to this route in a single player I use to take a train into the receiving yard instead of inspection yard etc in Barstow. I already know about Bakersfield. Would someone explain about what train (intermodel, manifest, grain, coal, etc) goes to in the yard at Barstow so I won't need to make any mistakes? I'm also planning to buy needles as well this year.
    ~Daniel C.
    https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-yFEoH9dxyJY/Ue5v1pvqQYI/AAAAAAAAAvY/sCO5IuWVJVo/w300-h106-no/RWA+Signature+2.jpg

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by csx2057 View Post
    Would someone explain about what train (intermodel, manifest, grain, coal, etc) goes to in the yard at Barstow so I won't need to make any mistakes? I'm also planning to buy needles as well this year.
    Well I think a lot of that depends on the train itself and terminal. Of course just about any slop freight ending in 'BAR' will go into the receiving yard if it needs to be classified. As far as run through jobs like intermodals, unit trains etc, a lot of that would depend on if they just need a fresh crew, fuel, and or a 1000 mile inspection. I've never been to Barstow but from what I've been told, by guys that have worked out of there, run thru's can make a crew change on the mains. In fact I think there are certain mains that they swap out on. If they need an inspection or maybe they dont have a crew called right away, it could go into the inspection yard. There may even be more weird situations that I haven't heard of.

Main 1, 2, and 4 are used for crew changes. Main 3 is the hot track 50 MPH speed limit. As for if a train makes a crew change or not you can check my website home page (all known symbols are listed). As for if they require inspection I don't think it's as rigid, however I do have a schedule for what goes into inspection. As mentioned anything with the symbol entering Barstow end in BAR, mass majority enter receiving, however a few odd balls enter the old yard to the east (they are listed as well).

The author of the TD3 territory that I use for some of my list is a conductor out of Needles. He has the typical crew change at about 10 minutes, and 45 for inspection. The long crews that don't change crews would generally avoid inspection at Barstow for another location. Those going through inspection would get the crew change there.

Thanks

Sean