Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Computer

Unhappy Computer

Can you run Run8 On more than one computer? Would like very much to know as my other computer will not load the program.
    seabee

You can uninstall it and install it on another computer as far as I know.

Thanks

Sean

I believe the license allows multiple installations of the program provided only one is used at a time.

How do I go about installing the program on another computer?

First off...

How did you install it on the first computer? You should be able to install it the same way on the second...

Second...

If it will only run on the first computer, and not the second, please provide your computer specifications for both computers so that experienced members can help you figure out your dilemma.

You should have backed up the program download onto a disc or flash drive so that you will not lose it in case of a crash. You can simply use that back up to install to any other computer. You will need the unlock code emailed to you when you purchased it on order to run the program on a new installation. Don't forget to install all of the updates and any other content you have purchased to bring you up to date for MP sessions. I would recommend doing them in chronological order of how they were released.
    Doug B.
    Eugene, Oregon, USA - Pacific Standard Time ( - 8:00 UTC )
    3.4 ghz Intel i7-3770 quad core processor, 8 gigs RAM, 2 gig AMD Radeon HD 7850

Well I did not back it up. Do not have the unlock code.Don't the have a web site where I can tell me my troubles. They should have my name and credit card info to prove that I am a member. Geek Squad worked on my computer and erased all my games. Can you steer me in the right direction?
    Thank you
    John

Not sure of the email address off hand. But it can be found by going to the Run8 website. At the bottom it will have a copyright saying a 3d train stuff company. Click on that link then go to contact us and you'll find their email address.

Thanks

Sean

Quote Originally Posted by seabe View Post
    Well I did not back it up. Do not have the unlock code.Don't the have a web site where I can tell me my troubles. They should have my name and credit card info to prove that I am a member. Geek Squad worked on my computer and erased all my games. Can you steer me in the right direction?
    Thank you
    John
    They are pretty good about taking care of folks in your situation as long as you can provide the information given when you purchased the sim originally. I would definately suggest backing everything up this time though so that you don't have to go without the sim again in the future. I wish you the best of luck with this so that you can get back in!!
    Doug B.
    Eugene, Oregon, USA - Pacific Standard Time ( - 8:00 UTC )
    3.4 ghz Intel i7-3770 quad core processor, 8 gigs RAM, 2 gig AMD Radeon HD 7850

Thanks to you all for the info. I emailed 3Dtrain Stuff and they are going send me all my stuff again so that I can install everything.
    Thanks again. Its for sure I will back up every thing.