Thread: Merge Route - What is this and when is it used?

Default Merge Route - What is this and when is it used?

There's an option in the Shift-F4 menu to "merge routes."

Is this only applicable to MP sessions? In any case, when is it used?

Thanks,

Rob

You can merge routes in both single and multiplayer. It is simply used to connect one route to the other so you can seemlessly transition on to the next route without having to save your train and respawn it.

Rob merging routes is only needed if you want to seemlessly run from one route to another.If you only have one route then merging is not reguired and when your joining a MP session then you don't have to worry about it because the host does the merging.I believe this is mentioned in the Change Log for this update.
    Work Safe play hard

Quote Originally Posted by westerngy View Post
    Rob merging routes is only needed if you want to seemlessly run from one route to another.If you only have one route then merging is not reguired and when your joining a MP session then you don't have to worry about it because the host does the merging.I believe this is mentioned in the Change Log for this update.
    So in single player, if I click on merge routes - I have both - I can run Needles to Bakersfield?

Thanks,

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by ForestHIllsRob View Post
    So in single player, if I click on merge routes - I have both - I can run Needles to Bakersfield?

Thanks,

Rob
    You are correct, sir! WB from Barstow, you will encounter a glitch if you started the sim on the Mojave Sub...the signal at the west end of Hinkley shows a funky orange aspect because it is reading input from two subs. If you start the sim on the Needles Sub, you will still get yellows coming WB into Hinkley, but the west end signal will be green. John is aware of the issue and says he has a solution for the next update.
    Last edited by flarrfan2; 08-28-2013 at 11:11 AM.