Thread: RTS Consist Generator Update

Default RTS Consist Generator Update

Been a little pre-occupied lately but have managed to get the code accepting any car type now. I've got trains spawning in 3 locations now BNSF Bak, Cajon, and Needles. Latest have added 5 symbols of vehicle trains including an empty symbol. This brings the total now to 45 unique symbols (not always running every day).

Not much planned this long weekend and I plan on adding some IM/Pig combinations later tonight. The grain and manifest trains may take a bit of added code due to classification of different types of tanks and hoppers for example. Now is just a matter of data entry and testing the new types to make sure all is well.

Hoping later in the weekend to have Cadiz entry as well as UP locations in place and then the virtual hump is next on my list for Barstow.

Thanks

Sean

I am new to Run 8 and thus far love it. Just want to make sure I am reading this correctly, will this generator create AI traffic for single play?

No there is no AI. This generator is currently under development in my car forwarding software. The testing and actual consists are currently available on my server only as traffic you may see or take control of.

With Run8 you will have a default list of trains that you or others can run. The only way to change these consists or add others is to:
    1) switch them in a yard
    2) download them from another source such as a train you might like on a server, or one being offered
    3) use the train maker upper utility which is part of Run8 to manually create trains or consists

RTS though also a server is also freight forwarding software. In the past this software has allowed people on 1 route create switch lists on waybills. The software currently under development allows multiple routes, and generates waybill calls internally. Those waybill calls create consists that may look familiar for a train, but are random in generating them. They create a unique train on every generation with different cars sizes. It also calculates how much power is needed and where to place it.

Thanks

Sean