Thread: Needles Sub problem

Default Needles Sub problem

Just got Needles-download and install went fine opened a route hit F3 for the dispatcher screen and the simulator quits working. Any ideas? Thanks Dennis V.

Guess you missed this thread from the other day

https://www.trainsim.com/vbts/showth...ub-Help-Needed

Thanks

Sean

It is really that hard just to tell him that he needs to do the Needles update, rather than send him to another thread??

Yeah I wouldn't want to FORCE someone to simply click a link and see a possible issue and it's solution that someone else already posted. Wouldn't it just been as easy to simply say "Needles Update" yourself if so certain instead of shooting the messenger? I know you've only been on this forum since July, but I've seen this done several times over the years.

But since it's important to you to go off topic, then I will educate you in what others do here all the time. A question got asked, and I wasn't sure of the exact solution but knew there was a thread about it so I looked for it on his behalf. I seen the link and simply copied it knowing I did not need the solution for I didn't have the issue.

What if the solution didn't work? What if he wasn't sure where to get it, date of update etc. Moderators and others often link to a thread so that all the information is in one place. I figured you would certainly know this moderating a forum yourself. So mentioning a thread and hitting CTRL C and CTRL V without being critical allows him to ask further questions in case the solution doesn't work. How I go about helping someone help themselves is my business and relevant to the thread. But I'm also happy to help you in my logic if it makes you feel any better.

Thanks

Sean

p.s. I found that little ignore button again (in case I'm quiet in reply) just so you know if I don't answer.
    Last edited by SurvivorSean; 08-31-2013 at 03:49 AM. Reason: added ignore

Survivor, I think you need a nap.

Wide awake both then and now thanks.