Thread: RTS 24/7 Server - Going Private September 1

Default RTS 24/7 Server - Going Private September 1

Well rule adherence is always something IRL that takes place with communication. Unfortunately it is the anonymous nature of connecting to a server anyone can join and pretty much do what they want. Even if they read said rules to obtain a password. My server isn't that busy these days, but unfortunately what takes place is not an isolated incident. I don't want to embarrass anyone as they weren't the first and they won't be the last. As per rules I could of easily banned their IP but I am a believer in communication and respect. Unfortunately only knowing what a person uses as a name and and IP for me is simply not enough.

Tonight I have been very focused away from the sim, but I did briefly have a chance to send a message prior to the incident. When I left to do other things and returned I found a train just abandoned on the main. Communication and power outages do occur so I understand this. But ideally had this been someone I knew how to contact at the very least I could find out what went wrong.

I understand that asking someone to sign up for a membership or read rules is added steps, but there is a purpose behind it as outlined above. I also understand that I may not have what others want. Nobody is forcing anyone to join my server, nor am i forcing anyone to join my website.

That may not be a popular decision, and it probably won't be the last. But I'm pushing the envelope with new features unique to RTS. This is actually something recommended by a few core members I go back to, and I tend to agree with them. I'm not here to sell hot dogs, or clean up after people. My goals continue to be program RTS, then run the system. Mistakes are human, and this is again a way in which I can communicate if something goes wrong.

As of tomorrow at this time I will be invoking a password to RTS members only. I've already sent a message out to those members on my requirements. Bottom line I need to know your alias/initials and IP so I can contact you on any issues taking place. New members are always welcome no experience necessary. Members can feel free to use my forums to communicate with me, or send private messages to me as well. I'm always open to suggestions as well.

Thanks

Sean

Sean:

I sent you a pm regarding your post.

Rob

Yeah I believe I replied to you earlier today Rob. If you didn't get it let me know. Everything is fine and I appreciate the message.

Thanks again

Sean

Sean:

You did reply. Apparently, my inbox was full. If you can pm again, would be most appreciated.

Thanks,

Rob

Hopefully you got it now

If you have any difficulties I also have a forum on my website. In fact anyone can read the forum without membership as I've posted several articles recently.

Managed to get the mixed H & M trains generating finally. There was a small bug in the code that I caught earlier today and I'm now up to 87 symbols generating every 24 hours (not all run every day). Now that I have the inbound Barstow trains starting to come in the next step will be the virtual hump. Plan on tackling that over the next week or two.

I'm enjoying the variation in trains now but it's growing old on me pretty quick. Once Barstow is operational the next step after that is to get the switching back in place elsewhere. I can hardly wait to get back to switching again.

Thanks

Sean