Thread: a small piece of complaint

Default a small piece of complaint

Dear admin,
    I am quite concerned that lately quite a lot of new files that require to have a link with the word "you must own this SLI... blah blah blah.", or you must own that ... blah blah blah".
    please bear in mind that not all train simulator fans are able to buy or have expensive files that must be purchased.
    I wish the next time that programmer or developer will have compassion for presenting new files sincerely, without any addition you must own this, or you must own that.
    thank you very much for your attention.

my regards from indonesia

Not to appear to be crabby in response, but MSTS is like many other things -- it can't be all things to all people. When a re-skinner or an activity author decides on a project that requires payware to complete, he or she understands that not all can benefit. There are just some projects that can't be accomplished without payware.

Uncle E
    Whatever's cold in my fridge is the Official Beer of Open Rails.

Many of todays current repainters, prefer to use the more detailed and realistic models available to them for their repaints. Many old models, are just that...old, and the repaints come out looking like absolute trash. There is no way that a old model can receive a repaint that is as good as what the current models are capable of. So you are in a catch 22. You want the new, great looking repaints, but they require sli models and such. You want those cool repaints done on old freeware models so you can obtain them. That won't happen because the old models cannot handle the new repaints. So here is one way to look at it. Look at what you pay for a particular SLI model. And then consider in how many repaints are available based of a model in that payware set. When you do that math, it makes it will worth it to save the money to buy some payware items so you are able to use the latest and greatest in repaints offered by the various artists that work within MSTS.

At one time I too felt like the original poster, but then I came to realize, as cbff33 points out, the older freeware models just are not as good as payware. So if there is a repaint I just have to have I make the sacrifice, and being retired and on a fixed income it is a sacrifice, and purchase the required model.
    Moving America one virtual train at a time.

Building locos or rolling stock isn't that easy and most people can't do it so be grateful that payware companies provide these and allow them to be repainted or we would have a real limit to what is available. I can't get every one I want either but that's life in the big city, just move on it's not the end of of the world, the sun will come up tomorrow.

As for freeware, the only rolling stock I have anymore is

Dualflag's canadian coal cars
    Dualflag's TankTrain tankers

Rowie's beet hoppers
    Rowie's canpotex cars
    Rowie's automax
    Rowie's spine cars

Kurt's Comets
    Kurt's GP40s

Jan's B-boats

Buzz's Amfleets

Steven's rail train

Erick Cantu's default replacement 2-bay ACF (this one hangs on because SLI's version from Green River has 'issues'.)

The rest is all payware.

If people who do SLI repaints hosted them on SLI's library, where people go for payware repaints, instead of here, a place where many freeware consumers hang out, you would see fewer complaints like this. The only downside is the library here would be deader than it already is.

Last edited by geepster775; 09-02-2013 at 10:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ade_suka_sepur View Post
    Dear admin,
    I am quite concerned that lately quite a lot of new files that require to have a link with the word "you must own this SLI... blah blah blah.", or you must own that ... blah blah blah".
    please bear in mind that not all train simulator fans are able to buy or have expensive files that must be purchased.
    I wish the next time that programmer or developer will have compassion for presenting new files sincerely, without any addition you must own this, or you must own that.
    thank you very much for your attention.

my regards from indonesia

Sounds like discrimination against the rich and powerful people of the world. I realize that some folks can't afford $14 USD for a set of locomotives. But why deprive the rest of us from obtaining these treasures? Someday you also may strike it rich and be able to squander your new found wealth on a set or two of payware. In the meantime be thankful for the basic MSTS and freeware. Look at a walthers catalog check the prices of engines, and they don't come with cabviews!!

John

Hell, if you can't afford $7 when that locomotive pack is 50% off, then you need to be spending less time on the forums here and instead be out there mowing that extra lawn, doing that extra tutoring gig, house-sitting for that additional weekend, hosting that extra yard sale, or visiting McDonalds or I-tunes less often.

I generally agree with the consensis here, that the repaints are and should remain welcome additions to the library. The only thing i would say, is that it can be annoying if it isn't obvious that what you are downloading is a repaint.

I would like to see it emphasised a bit more when a repaint is uploaded that it actually requires something else in order to work. As long as the description makes this clear, then i haven't got any gripes.
    I believe that, in creating man, God overestimated his abilities - Oscar Wilde

Ok, That's enough of griping about something you cannot afford. There are tons of stuff in the file library that don't require payware. We had topics like this in the past and there is no use griping. Have a great day! This topic is locked.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [URL="https://www.facebook.com/ken.plaza.9"]My Facebook Page
    [/URL][URL="http://jeffreywimberly.proboards.com/"]Rails of the World Forum
    [/URL][URL="http://frankoburns.proboards.com/"]Mophouse-MLTDownloads Froum[/URL]