Page 36 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2634353637 LastLast

Thread: Monon-2 Version 17

G'day Rick, I have that file and the required files are not there. the needed files are:-
    route - Hammond to Chicago Amtrak - needs
    activity - Era 2000 Hammond to Chicago Amtrak

route - Texas Eagle Amtrak - needs
    activity - Era 2000 Texas Eagle Amtrak

The activity's are what the route files are asking for.
    Sorry to be a pain, these seem to be the only problem I have. I am working through the activity's one at a time and other than those two there seem to be no problems.
    Regards
    Barrie

That download link has all the files you need, I just chcked them again today, no one has never complained about those files
    Rick

http:\\mononrr.com

MONON-2

G'day Rick, firstly I make the humblest apologies, you are quite correct. Last night I must have became cross-eyed or something, this morning I carefully followed the paper trail and everything points in the right direction and I have also checked the required rolling stock and all seems OK there as well.
    I am using OpenRails U2020.12.30-1752 and when I choose "Hammond to Chicago Amtrak" or "Texas Eagle Amtrak" activities I get:-
    Activity <load error: Hammond to Chicago Amtrak>
    Activity <load error: Texas Eagle Amtrak>
    All other activities are OK there must be something OpenRails is not reading correctly, I will push on and see what I can find.
    Regards
    Barrie

Quote Originally Posted by gremlin1812 View Post
    G'day Rick, firstly I make the humblest apologies, you are quite correct. Last night I must have became cross-eyed or something, this morning I carefully followed the paper trail and everything points in the right direction and I have also checked the required rolling stock and all seems OK there as well.
    I am using OpenRails U2020.12.30-1752 and when I choose "Hammond to Chicago Amtrak" or "Texas Eagle Amtrak" activities I get:-
    Activity <load error: Hammond to Chicago Amtrak>
    Activity <load error: Texas Eagle Amtrak>
    All other activities are OK there must be something OpenRails is not reading correctly, I will push on and see what I can find.
    Regards
    Barrie
    First check the OR log ( default location is desktop ) -- most often I've found that if something is wrong with the player consist, for instance cannot find locomotive, or missing stock, the activity will have a load error. The log should point to something if that is the case.
    Cheers, Gerry
    It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.
    Forever, ridin' drag in railroad knowledge.

G'day Gerry, that is part of the issue as you cannot get past the initial screen. It also says everything the activity file should be pointing to is reported as missing and yet everything is there it seems the act file is there but OR is not reading it.
    If I cannot sort this out soon I will start a specific post for this. It just about has to be something to do with the act file.
    This is the very thing that caused me to walk away from train simming for quite some time.
    Regards
    Barrie

Hi Barrie,

You need to download Ged's MSTS_ActMan from the library here.

https://www.trainsim.com/vbts/tslib....ight&fid=35981

It will tell you whats missing/wrong.
    Cheers
    Derek

G'day Derek, I used MSTS_ActMan and found a couple of minor things but the situation remains the same, everything is there but the act file dose not find them. I am really stumped with this.
    Regards
    Barrie

Hi Barrie,

This my starting screen with OR and the Hammond activity.

Can you post your start screen please?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Cheers
    Derek

G'day Derek, I tried to print the screen but failed. On your screen it shows the activity as "Era 2000 Hammond to Chicago Amtrak" where mine shows "<load error: Hammond to Chicago Amtrak>" so I think that may be the problem and something in the act file needs changing maybe.
    of all the act's that came with the route these two "Hammond to Chicago Amtrak" and "Texas Eagle Amtrak" are the only ones to give a problem.
    Regards
    Barrie
    Last edited by gremlin1812; 01-02-2021 at 01:54 AM.